Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Colorado Lion and Bobcat Ballot Initiative Update

this issue & divide between houndsmen, trappers, & hunters is a snapshot of the bigger reason why this bill will pass. There's way too much bickering and infighting among hunters instead of unity....and the parasites of the world know it and they will exploit it.

Last edited:
this thread is a snapshot of the bigger reason why this bill will pass. There's way too much bickering and infighting among hunters instead of unity....and the parasites of the world know it and they will exploit it.
What fighting have you seen?

I personally did nothing to fight the wolf reintroduction initiative (wolves aren't bad, ballot box biology is) because I was so pessimistic about the chances of defeating it. It passed by <1%. With a little effort, we can beat the anti-hunting initiative. Put off that new rifle, scope, truck purchase and invest in your hunting heritage instead. Let's not be on here in nine months lamenting, "If only..."
savethehuntcolorado.com

Catsarenttrophies.org google it. Go to the website. Sign up to gather signatures. They will ship you a shirt, and the petitions. This costs them time and money… fight back anyway we can!!! Make them lose resources to do this. It requires little to no effort
If any lion hunters want to put my wife's cat up a tree with hounds and shoot it as a trophy, I won't tell her

I personally did nothing to fight the wolf reintroduction initiative (wolves aren't bad, ballot box biology is) because I was so pessimistic about the chances of defeating it. It passed by <1%. With a little effort, we can beat the anti-hunting initiative. Put off that new rifle, scope, truck purchase and invest in your hunting heritage instead. Let's not be on here in nine months lamenting, "If only..."
savethehuntcolorado.com

challenge to all - whatever you pay or anticipate to pay in resident tags this spring throw the same amount at CRWF. it's what i'm planning to do.

if that means you have to cut your tags in half because you can't afford it then cut your tags in half.

i think going forward this should be rule of thumb for hunters, be it access yes in wyoming, CRWF, RMEF, TRCP, whatever.

the recent rogan podcast with cam and steve caught a lot of hate on this forum, but i finally listened to it and they spent a lot of time talking about the lion proposition rearing it's head in colorado and cam and steve both spent time name dropping dan gates and CRWF multiple times and the importance of what they're doing on this. rogans audience is enormous and i'm very thankful for that levelheaded conversation they had about this.

talk to your neighbors, talk to your family, talk to you fellow hunters. invite your neighbors over for venison barbacoa and show them what hunting is all about.

challenge to all - whatever you pay or anticipate to pay in resident tags this spring throw the same amount at CRWF. it's what i'm planning to do.

if that means you have to cut your tags in half because you can't afford it then cut your tags in half.

i think going forward this should be rule of thumb for hunters, be it access yes in wyoming, CRWF, RMEF, TRCP, whatever.

the recent rogan podcast with cam and steve caught a lot of hate on this forum, but i finally listened to it and they spent a lot of time talking about the lion proposition rearing it's head in colorado and cam and steve both spent time name dropping dan gates and CRWF multiple times and the importance of what they're doing on this. rogans audience is enormous and i'm very thankful for that levelheaded conversation they had about this.

talk to your neighbors, talk to your family, talk to you fellow hunters. invite your neighbors over for venison barbacoa and show them what hunting is all about.
This is spot on. I don’t have many vices, I don’t gamble or play golf, only drink occasionally, no drugs, etc. But I do spend on raffles in hopes that I might win some amazing hunt and it’s usually a pretty good cause. This year I am forgoing most of my raffle budget and sending that to CRWM. Much better investment in the future of hunting, even selfishly.

This is spot on. I don’t have many vices, I don’t gamble or play golf, only drink occasionally, no drugs, etc. But I do spend on raffles in hopes that I might win some amazing hunt and it’s usually a pretty good cause. This year I am forgoing most of my raffle budget and sending that to CRWM. Much better investment in the future of hunting, even selfishly.

I'm an active, supportive CRWM member and hope you are too.

Yep deer have it rough. Which is why it’s even more important to kill females, especially in areas like Wyoming where the deer are already all but completely decimated.
50% of the herd every year, just from cats? That immediately makes me suspicious, but I don't know enough to say it's inaccurate.

50% of the herd every year, just from cats? That immediately makes me suspicious, but I don't know enough to say it's inaccurate.
Here’s a few more for ya,
B31E34D4-710E-4774-ACB3-23827C6527D7.png

So meeting is over, I’d say it was a good look for sportsmen. Sportsmen outnumbered cat people 3 to 1 This meeting focused on the east slope lion management plan which is being updated after 20 years, cat ladies tried hammering the cpw employees on female cat mortality, and were taking notes, the cpw employees held their own and offered a lot of good information
Awesome stuff.

Is this possible to view online? I wasn't able to attend via zoom.

They recorded it, but I believe they are doing an online only meeting here in a week or so
In-Person Meetings:

• Evergreen: Thursday, February 22nd, 6:00 - 7:30 pm
    • Evergreen Fire Station #2, 1802 Bergen Parkway, Evergreen, CO 80439
  • Trinidad: Friday, February 23rd, 6:00 - 7:30 pm
    • Trinidad State College, Sullivan Center, 600 Prospect St., Trinidad, CO 81082
  • Florence: Monday, February 26th, 6:00 - 7:30 pm
    • Pathfinder Park Event Center, 6655 State Hwy 115, Florence, CO 81226
  • Golden: Monday, February 26th, 6:00 - 7:30 pm
    • Jefferson County Open Space, Ponderosa Room, 700 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden, CO 80401
  • Livermore: Tuesday, February 27th, 6:00 - 7:30 pm
    • Livermore Community Hall, 2044 W CR 74E, Livermore, CO 80536
  • Colorado Springs: Thursday, March 7th, 6:00 - 7:30 pm
    • Hillside Community Center, 925 S. Institute St., Colorado Springs, CO 80903

Virtual Meetings:

If anyone is thinking to donate to CRWM to help get that messaging out and beat this ballot initiative GoHunt will donate $200 when you sign up for an insider membership and use code CRWM. Seems like a great option for anyone who isn’t already a gohunt insider.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back