Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

CO CPW Draw Process Working Group

yes it was by design to have an NR at the table. and after looking at who it is i suspect they will be a good, reasonable, and rational one to have at the table.

i just now looked at who all is on the committee. very thankful we have @Oak in there and, overall, i feel like that's a pretty damn good group of folks to have around the table talking about this. but i worry there will be a slant of opinion towards tweaking MSG for the better of the ol gray beards in that group.

My biggest concern with the working group is that they spend so much time working on the primary draw that they don't have time to fix the secondary draw and re-issue process. Maybe they will split into subgroups for this?

Secondary Draw - conduct the Secondary Draw just like the Primary Draw by going to the 75/25 and 80/20 allocation splits. If you draw a List A tag, you lose your points.

Re-Issues - Have a weekly mini draw that uses the 75/25 and 80/20 allocation splits just like the Primary Draw. Post the hunt codes on Tuesday morning with an application deadline sometime Tuesday evening. Wednesday morning conduct and post the weekly mini draw results. If you draw a List A tag, you lose your points.

Last edited:
My biggest concern with the working group is that they spend so much time working on the primary draw that they don't have time to fix the secondary draw and re-issue process. Maybe they will split into subgroups for this?

Secondary Draw - conduct the Secondary Draw just like the Primary Draw by going to the 75/25 and 80/20 allocation splits. If you draw a List A tag, you lose your points.

Re-Issues - Have a weekly mini draw that uses the 75/25 and 80/20 allocation splits just like the Primary Draw. Post the hunt codes on Tuesday morning with an application deadline sometime Tuesday evening. Wednesday morning conduct and post the weekly mini draw results. If you draw a List A tag, you lose your points.
I like this and am a NR for the next 4 years. The "land rush" rewarding those with idle time and a fast internet connection is asinine. Hold a real draw. Points are at risk.

Jenny Burbey is considered a NR representative as president of COA, although she is a resident. I was confused as well.
Oak,

You may not have an answer on this but being the meetings start in 2024, does that mean we're stuck with the current procedures for the secondary draw and re-issue process for 2024 or can they be changed for 2024 and then again in 2025 if
the group decides to?

Oak,

You may not have an answer on this but being the meetings start in 2024, does that mean we're stuck with the current procedures for the secondary draw and re-issue process for 2024 or can they be changed for 2024 and then again in 2025 if
the group decides to?
The kickoff meeting was today. The timeline for implementation is 2025 or (more likely) 2026.
IMG_7028.gif

yes it was by design to have an NR at the table. and after looking at who it is i suspect they will be a good, reasonable, and rational one to have at the table.

i just now looked at who all is on the committee. very thankful we have @Oak in there and, overall, i feel like that's a pretty damn good group of folks to have around the table talking about this. but i worry there will be a slant of opinion towards tweaking MSG for the better of the ol gray beards in that group.
I'm not sure there will be a slant towards the ol gray beards most of us have already drawn... I hope to help @Oak keep it fair and balanced. There's a ton to cover but MSG is one thing I plan to make sure we cover.

Sandbrew

I'm not sure there will be a slant towards the ol gray beards most of us have already drawn... I hope to help @Oak keep it fair and balanced. There's a ton to cover but MSG is one thing I plan to make sure we cover.

Sandbrew
Did you make it onto the committee as well? If so I would say msg is 👌

Sandbrew

And I hope by “cover” you mean leave it alone? 😉

Looks like the point group instead of the draw group.

2 outfitters, and an outfitter rep?

Didn't see expanding allocation based on more then first choice on this giant list. 75/25 doesn't mean squat when 77% of the limited archery tags are drawn by nonresidents in zero point units.

Is there a way for the interested public to submit comment to the group for consideration? We did that back in 2004 when I was on the RFW group. It would be nice.

Attachments

• the big list.png
    the big list.png
    2 MB · Views: 32
almost took a screen shot of the same thing. mostly to highlight this lovely sticky note tho.

1698238867232.png

🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮

Looks like the point group instead of the draw group.

2 outfitters, and an outfitter rep?

Didn't see expanding allocation based on more then first choice on this giant list. 75/25 doesn't mean squat when 77% of the limited archery tags are drawn by nonresidents in zero point units.

Is there a way for the interested public to submit comment to the group for consideration? We did that back in 2004 when I was on the RFW group. It would be nice.

I believe there is a way to submit comments here on the website https://engagecpw.org/draw-working-group Or let Oak and/or I know your thoughts. I'd prefer written so we have a record of all the thoughts and make sure they are presented accurately.

Sandbrew

almost took a screen shot of the same thing. mostly to highlight this lovely sticky note tho.

View attachment 298828

🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮 🤮
Togie- That idea board was an attempt to get any and all topics out on the table so the group could group, distill and then vote and discuss what we wanted to tackle. There was also sticky notes for point banking, point sharing and a few ideas you may not like. It's all part of the process. Overall, I felt the group had a good handle on the all the issues and hope there will be some changes that lead to improvements vs status quo.

Sandbrew

Togie- That idea board was an attempt to get any and all topics out on the table so the group could group, distill and then vote and discuss what we wanted to tackle. There was also sticky notes for point banking, point sharing and a few ideas you may not like. It's all part of the process. Overall, I felt the group had a good handle on the all the issues and hope there will be some changes that lead to improvements vs status quo.

Sandbrew

oh i know. it's just a splatter board.

i just want to make my opinion on that particular matter very clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon_G
Back