Caribou Gear Tarp

Bozeman: is it really that bad anymore?

It will be interesting to see if SCOTUS upholds the 9th circuit ruling that determined it violates the 8th amendment (cruel and unusual punishment) to ticket homeless people for sleeping outside. This article makes it seem they will overturn that ruling, at which point I would expect Bozeman to crack down on the homeless.

They’re NOT OUTSIDE…
The ones really sleeping outside i can understand..

A land setting with RV platforms and utilities operated with professional cleanliness in mind would be a $ maker or so it seems...

A land setting with RV platforms and utilities operated with professional cleanliness in mind would be a $ maker or so it seems...
I feel like there’s something out there that already exists… I can’t quite recall. Starts with a “K” ends with an “A”. I think there’s an “O” in there somewhere…

I feel like there’s something out there that already exists… I can’t quite recall. Starts with a “K” ends with an “A”. I think there’s an “O” in there somewhere…
Whoah whoah whoah, hold on there... that would require one to pay for a site. Bozeman is free.

Out of curiosity, where do they get rid of their human waste? Seriously, is there a station in town, or do you just dump it down a sewer grate?

Yes among others though from what I've gathered, people on the former middle scaled income might appreciate a setting beyond meth KOAs with tent shanties, Gypsy style.

There are some good, reputable RV only sites that offer year /season rates and it's managed far greater than HOAs to keep the areas tidy.

Meh, if someone has property and doesn't want to sell it, might be a means to collect a sizeable chunk.
Then again, we're considering using a section of land in C Falls as a storage facility and a type of self service car wash. Beats have to deal w/ people living and having to boot them if crap went south.

Winner:

During COVID, we got sucked into "Yellowstone," watched the whole series, and decided to book a trip to Montana in February 2022 just to see how it is.
  • Ian Baylon moved to Montana in April 2022 after watching "Yellowstone" and visiting the state.

1714933584223.png

• The 34-year-old said you get more bang for your buck renting in Montana than in the Bay Area.

Apparently he had the skills lacking by Montana residents when it came to the job.

May his enthusiasm for "Yellowstone" turn conservationist - Rip style. 😂
We stayed in West Yellowstone and had a blast here. One of the days, I decided to look for a job, just to see who was hiring and what they were willing to pay. I googled a couple of granite spots and a company was hiring in Bozeman. I went in for an interview. They asked me, "What will it take for you to move up here?"

They were willing to pay me my $89,000 a year salary plus moving costs, plus a deposit on the place we rented.

From March to April, within a month, I got the job, we rented the house, and we packed up and moved here.

Winner:

• Ian Baylon moved to Montana in April 2022 after watching "Yellowstone" and visiting the state.

View attachment 325257

• The 34-year-old said you get more bang for your buck renting in Montana than in the Bay Area.

Apparently he had the skills lacking by Montana residents when it came to the job.

May his enthusiasm for "Yellowstone" turn conservationist - Rip style. 😂
Whatever. mtmuley

Yeah, worse. If I were king I'd kick out all the transplants. mtmuley
At what point do you consider someone a Montanan? At what point is someone no longer a transplant but maybe their parents were? Or grandparents were? Or only if they founded the state on November 8 1889?

You sure your great great greats didn’t move to Montana from like Sweden or Belgium or something?…… wouldn’t that make you a transplant from 1902? 😂

Yeah. Sweden. mtmuley
So you’re a transplant? Or your greats were, anyway? I dig what you’re sayin, truly. I can’t stand some of the folks moving here that wanna change this place… But at some point, the kids’ kids that are no longer “transplants” will still be voting that way?

Just think about how messed up THAT is! Eventually the “transplants” that come in the future may be the only ones that can save Montana 😂🤪

Each generation becomes its own... Our generations will change beyond our days and Montana will contemplate why a laser rifle two mile shot is over the line technology for "fair chase".

I got to chatting with a rancher from Baker at the gas pumps in Three Forks earlier today.
I'd rather talk with that guy than 80% of the people in Gallatin Valley.
Old time cowboy driving an SUV Cadillac.
He dug up a T-Rex on his property and made enough money to get back to ranching.
Bless those folks hanging on.

I got to chatting with a rancher from Baker at the gas pumps in Three Forks earlier today.
I'd rather talk with that guy than 80% of the people in Gallatin Valley.
Old time cowboy driving an SUV Cadillac.
He dug up a T-Rex on his property and made enough money to get back to ranching.
Bless those folks hanging on.
What’s a t-Rex going for these days?

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back