PEAX Equipment

Please BEAR with me, 2024 is going to be full of unBEARable surprises!!!

Has anyone traveled with Alaska airlines with the fishing rods as just your "personal item". I'm reading this can be done. I have seen people walking around with fishing rods in their hands on prior trips and it didn't dawn on me until this morning to look into that.

I have seen many different folks with fishing poles as carry ons. But I would call them n ask. Always changing

It was Monday evening and after eating supper and doing a water run up into the river above the high tide flow, I had to convince my wife we should head out for the last hour or so of light and look around with the tide being low. Wind was whipping pretty good and it still hadn't stopped raining since arriving on Saturday.

As we left the comfort of our bay and around the point we were greated with some nasty 3 to 5 foot rollers. Bow in and forward we slowly went to get around the corner to look back into the next small bay.

"This is stupid, we aren't going to be able to even see or go after a bear with these waves" I recall my wife saying.

No more than a few minutes later I see a black blob on a green grass area of the beach for a second way back in that small bay. He vanishes. With no way to look through the binoculars to find him again or look him over in this rough sea, I just make a plan to head the boat past the bay and onto the far shore.

My wife gets the gun ready and her pack out. She gets up to the bow as we get close and a good wave hits us and water comes crashing into her. A soft word of displeasure but she is determined. Over 2 days already of getting soaked and a little more water isn't going to stop her. She jumps out into the surf rolling up on the gravel and pushes me away. I watch her run with pack and gun ready up the beach to get to where she can sneak through the point and see back into the bay to try and relocate him.

I've thought this numerous times before but there has never been a moment in our time together that this has been more true - my wife is one badass woman!!!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back