Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Catch All Fishing Thread

Couldn't find anyone that isn't a serial killer to come from Midwest bear hunting in WY so did next best thing and went to walleye capital of the world and caught a bunch and two fish ohio with my son and daughter. Even stopped in to check out the walleye festival in Port Clinton and get a perch basket. My son goes for the perch fillers and stays for the taps on his line. Was really choppy 4-5 foot waves but fish hit good with the lure action.20240527_104703.jpg20240526_124443.jpg20240526_195240.jpg

Took the new boat on its first camping trip. Weather was rough the first day but we still got out for a few hours and caught a dozen or so. Monday was great though.

View attachment 327811

View attachment 327810
Some bad ass fish there. Congrats!
What did you get for a boat?
I'm semi in the mode of adding a bigger boat. Always good to hear about other people's boats.
Come to think about it, that would be a good thread.

It's been almost a year since we've gotten the kayaks out and gone fishing, but we finally made the time. I wasn't expecting much, we went to a nearby pond where we haven't had a ton of luck in the past. I ended up catching a handful of nice, chonky largemouth, with a bonus smallmouth thrown in for good measure. The surprise catch of the day, though, was a 19" walleye that my wife hauled in on her ultralight gear. It felt great to get back out on the water.

chonker.jpg

Back