Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wyoming Elk Draw

Very interesting to see the NR standard General draw odds, in the points part of the draw, almost identical across W, S and E.

With zero points I can't see me drawing another WY bull elk tag. But very happy with the 4 bull elk tags I have drawn.
You can always get lucky in the 25% random draw regardless of point total

Yeah, if I paid a guy with 15 points to go in with me and I had 1 point, I'm pretty sure we would show up in the demand report as '8' points.
I’m dumb for thinking what I posted. This is right and I knew it. How else would you get the half points and <>

Unless my math is wrong, here's the odds for 2024 NR special general tags in the 25% random draw:

West region 24%: 270 tags 1088 1st choice applicants
East region 40%: 54 tags 135 1st choice applicants
South region 69%: 102 tags 149 1st choice applicants

Gonna be a ton of folks jumping not the special draw pool in 2025 when those odds are up on gohunt

I’m dumb for thinking what I posted. This is right and I knew it. How else would you get the half points and <>
But it IS crazy how many people with double digit points applied for General tags and full-price cow tags that the year before didn't take any points.

I applied for an unobtainable type-1 as my first choice so I could try to draw a type 4 as my second choice (and not burn the points I have in no-man's-land). Last year 4 tags went through to the second choice apps. This year they sold out to people with 4 & 3 preference points. I didn't even check the special tag apps for type 4 tags, but I'll bet it's equally bananas. Crazy!

Very interesting to see the NR standard General draw odds, in the points part of the draw, almost identical across W, S and E.
If you ever want a precise breakdown of stats without doing the legwork, post some of your own that aren't 100% accurate and someone will correct you almost immediately. HT has some data deciphering mofos on standby 24/7

Looked at the odds, the price hike didn’t move the needle in special.
I made a post about this and was immediately corrected lol. I saw the same that you saw. If I remember, the amount of applications did go down in the special this year, but points did seem to stay the same. Some could conjure that points staying the same from last year is a reduction since they seem to increase a point every year. Depends on how rosy your half full glass is😁

I made a post about this and was immediately corrected lol. I saw the same that you saw. If I remember, the amount of applications did go down in the special this year, but points did seem to stay the same. Some could conjure that points staying the same from last year is a reduction since they seem to increase a point every year. Depends on how rosy your half full glass is😁
I think the amount of applicants exceeds the number of tags by so much, the clearing level on points doesn't change much. The snark in me would say it's odd because the economy is so horrible, haven't you heard?.

I think the amount of applicants exceeds the number of tags by so much, the clearing level on points doesn't change much. The snark in me would say it's odd because the economy is so horrible, haven't you heard?.
Heard, yes, seen, not one iota. Still 20 cars lined up for $10 coffee at 2pm and 90k trucks everywhere I look. It is odd indeed, the pessimist in me is waiting for the crumble

Heard, yes, seen, not one iota. Still 20 cars lined up for $10 coffee at 2pm and 90k trucks everywhere I look. It is odd indeed, the pessimist in me is waiting for the crumble
YEah. I am not sure what is a more worthless plan, waiting for the next recession to drop apps or buying points to "catch up" to everyone else.

Every application is listed individually. That is why the number "issued" never exceeds the "1st choice applicants" at any given point level.
In that case wouldn't people with low points show up as successful if they party app with someone with high points? I thought it showed each individual, but with their party point average not their individual points.

In that case wouldn't people with low points show up as successful if they party app with someone with high points? I thought it showed each individual, but with their party point average not their individual points.
The reports are the party app average and that is why there are brackets for <# because the group had an average between two point levels.

So if you see that 2 people drew at the <10 point level, that means that one guy could of had 9 and the other 12. Their average would have been 10.5.

We are saying the same thing, I just worded it oddly; individual apps, but party app avg. The form shows brackets because the report is formatted for brevity. There are too many individual point levels to show all of them; 2.0000, 2.1667, 2.2000, etc

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back