Montana Mule Deer Raffle

Not sure if you can share all the info, but I would be curious to know what the breakdown on the ticket sales to each state were. Looks like MT bought 340.
Residents are stupid and don’t lace up their boots tight enough.

Residents are stupid and don’t lace up their boots tight enough.
I thought 12% was solid given how poor Montanans claim to be. I was just curious on what percentage was from East of the Mississippi vs West coast etc.

Will we get a report on what this lucky tag winner shoots this fall? Could drive raffle sales next year with the giant he ends up killing

Right - so we don't know if Montana can produce like the surrounding states. That said, I have still seen pictures of some big deer being killed on private land where it isn't a forky free for all. Montana has the genetics for big deer.

I had the opportunity to hunt Alberta back in 2013. We were within 15 miles of the MT border but the quality of bucks was night and day difference. It’s amazing what a unit with an OTC archery hunt and only 40 resident rifle tags will produce for quality.

Montana has plenty of good genetic potential if we could reduce over saturation of lead poisoning among younger bucks.

I had the opportunity to hunt Alberta back in 2013. We were within 15 miles of the MT border but the quality of bucks was night and day difference. It’s amazing what a unit with an OTC archery hunt and only 40 resident rifle tags will produce for quality.

Montana has plenty of good genetic potential if we could reduce over saturation of lead poisoning among younger bucks.
Yup. I got a good buddy that lives 5 miles from the border.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back