Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wyoming 30 or 100 for a cow?

pj2578

Hi everybody, I'm going to be coming out to Wyoming from Kentucky for a solo cow hunt this year and was wanting to get some opinions since up to now all I've done in Wyoming is Pronghorn.

I have a few points, so I can get a type 4 tag in unit 100, or I could get a tag in 30 to the south. I've also looked at 40 and 16 all based on harvest success rates. My concern with 100 is the crowd, but if that's my best chance at filling a tag I'll deal with it. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

What does "a few points" mean? I think 4 points probably gets a general tag at this point, if I were close I'd be aiming for that and hunting cows on type 6/7 instead of burning points on type 4.

Either unit would be as close to a guarantee as you will get. Flip a coin.

I've got 3 points. I got into the points game too late in life for a premier bull tag unit, so I figure I'd rather hunt cow elk than no elk at all. At least I'll be out there enjoying the experience.

Hi everybody, I'm going to be coming out to Wyoming from Kentucky for a solo cow hunt this year and was wanting to get some opinions since up to now all I've done in Wyoming is Pronghorn.

I have a few points, so I can get a type 4 tag in unit 100, or I could get a tag in 30 to the south. I've also looked at 40 and 16 all based on harvest success rates. My concern with 100 is the crowd, but if that's my best chance at filling a tag I'll deal with it. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!
lots of general units are either sex

You will have no issue at all finding and killing a cow in either of these units. There are plenty of places to get away from people in either unit if that is something you are worried about. Hunting desert elk is a unique and fascinating experience for those who treat it like one. If it is something that intrigues you, I would say definitely hunt area 100.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back