Wyoming 107

805Bowhunter

Hi all, I am looking for a bit of help with regard to elk in unit 107 during archery season. I'd love to talk over PM if you have any insight but I am hoping to find out if elk are simply in the unit (specifically the central southern portion of the unit) during archery season. I was talking to someone who had hunted near there many years ago and he said that the elk in that region were mostly in Utah during September and wouldnt move across the Wyoming border until snow had pushed them down. Does anyone have any experience with this elk herd? Are there still some decent numbers of elk on the Wyoming side during September?

Any help is appreciated.

That unit would be better for a late season hunt when they come down out of the uintas due to snow fall, the unit across the gorge holds dandy bulls, I grew up in Evanston, and remember seeing elk herds but that was 20 years ago also. I’m not in the area any longer. my grandfather always hunting around flaming gorge. But if you really wanted to hunt that portion of the uintas, you’d be better served to try and get a Utah tag, Utah offers a OTC tags though I’m not well versed in where specifically. That would be a much better unit if more of the mountains fell into Wyoming, therefor giving Utah an edge. Go to the wyo game and fish website and look up the unit demographics from the map, usually has decent info on the unit and where/how the elk use it

Hey 805 did you end up going on that hunt? I drew a general tag this year. Our plan is to hunt rifle season around areas 21,13,15. 107 is a few hours closer to home so I was thinking about sneaking out there for a bit during archery season. Just wondering if the elk hold up on the Utah side until serious weather gets them moving or if its worth a look in September. Thanks!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back