WYO Area 111 Type 7 Elk - Seminoe

smw110136

Wasn't lucky enough to draw the cow tag I have had in previous years for a late season rifle hunt. I like to purchase this reduced price tag in Wyoming each year as a late season backup if I need to put meat in the freezer (and to be honest, get out of town on a short adventure). Where I hunted before, there was plenty of BLM and also HMA access with unlimited permissions slips. With those tags selling out this season, I am down to a few other options if I still want to purchase a cow elk tag that allows me to hunt late into the season.

I was most intrigued by the Area 111 leftover cow tags. Butts up to the west side of Seminoe Reservoir and lots of BLM access in the unit. I have walleye fished Pathfinder to the north and spent some time on the Miracle Mile in that area so I have a pretty good idea of what type of terrain I will be dealing with. Tag is not valid on the Morgan Creek WHMA.

The tag is actually open to cow/calf from Nov 10 through Jan 31. Has anyone hunted this unit specifically during the late season, Dec-Jan, or is my chance at success going to be higher if I try to hunt during Nov-Dec?

Any information on this area is helpful and appreciated. Always enjoy checking out new areas out west. Even if turns out to be more hiking with a rifle than an actual hunting trip!

Back