WY License Limitation Question

longtail55

Can someone please confirm for me that when the License Limitation says "Cow or calf valid on private land; valid in all of Platte county" if that means that the Private land has to be in Platte county? or does that mean any county is fine as long as its private but then I can hunt PUBLIC and Private in Platte county?

The way it was explained to me was that tag is valid for private land in all counties and any land in that county but that season date starts in August. Then the tag switches to the entire unit at a later date.
The WY game and fish should be able to tell you also.

Last edited:
what's the license? the date limitations may also be a clue

but yeah, best to call the warden or the game and fish office in laramie or cheyenne

the way i read that is that from august 15 to oct 14 the license is valid on any private land in the unit or on any land in platte county. my brother is the english teacher, not me, but to me that semi colon can be substituted with an "or"

then from oct 15 to dec 31 it's good on public or private anywhere in the unit

i'd still double check with the warden

My friend filled one on private land in Platte County last week. As said above, give WGFD a ring tomorrow and verify the tag limitations. I think by Fri it's valid throughout the unit if that's when the regular firearms season starts.

The way I read it is from august 15 to oct 14 it is valid only on private land in platte county. The other dates is public or private in the entire unit.

Please advise us what it is after talking to GF. Thanks.

TOGIE is correct. I called Yesterday and spoke to a gal and its valid in any county on private land from Aug 15 - Oct 14. Only valid on public land in Platte county during that same time period.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back