Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

WY elk question I should know

mtmiller

Early this morning I went to apply for elk and didn't see option to apply and add $50 for point if I didn't draw. I thought this is how it worked in the past, but maybe it has changed or it was just too early in the morning for me. I pulled the plug at check out and will take care of it this evening.

To make this simple, I want to put in for drawing and purchase point if unsuccessful. I have been doing this long enough, I shouldn't have to ask these dumb questions....but I am. thanks.

They changed that this year where you can't buy a point during the app process. You can only buy a point during the summer. Not sure why. Maybe people were thinking they could buy a point during the app process and also during the summer? I'm guessing Buzz or WapitiBob know the reason.

They don't allow this anymore. If you are unsuccessful you will have to go back in this summer and purchase a point separately.

I was wondering about that too when I checked out. I just got off the phone with the Cheyenne office, the gal I talked to said it was removed this year because it was causing confusion with people that thought they were getting a point for the year they were applying and they changed some other things so it would free up space. She said that if unsuccessful you'll have to get back on and buy a point this summer when it opens.
Zach

Edit: Other people were quicker on the keyboard.

I think starting this year you will need to apply for an elk preference point between July 1 and October 31. Something new this year for deer and antelope also. Sorry for the late post.

Last edited:
Yep, new this year. Like mentioned above, too many people thought buying the PP during the application period allowed that PP to be used for that upcoming draw when it isn't good until the following year and when they didn't draw their tag they were upset. Some also thought that they could buy another PP during the summer along with the first one and both resulted in a ton of calls to G&F that wasted a lot of man hours on the phone. This year that change to just the summer took care of those situations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back