Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

WY Antelope doe tags

Big luke1981

Ok guys I am submitting my app online for my first ever out of state hunt. I am applying for antelope in wyoming and have a question about doe tags. Do most of you apply for doe tags in all the same units as buck or just one? For example if you put in for bucks in units 1, 2, 3 do you then apply for your doe/fawn choices the same- 1, 2, 3? or just pick a guaranteed unit and put in only one choice. I have done tons of research and have go tall the areas I want to hunt selected. I am putting in for a group of us and we dont have any points so i am putting in for a tuff tag(to earn a point and keep it) and then a couple of guaranteed tags. I know getting doe tags later on is not an issue in most areas, I just figured I would apply now and get it out of the way. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I just want to get my first one done and dont want to make any mistakes.
Thanks
Lucas

Usually only buy a doe tag in the unit we are guaranteed or we wait for the left-overs. IIRC the price used to be 30 or so for a doe tag but I see it is $48 this year. I'm waiting for the left-over list

If you put in for Buck units 1,2,3 and draw buck unit 3, it is a very real possibility you will/can draw Doe tags in unit 1 if you also applied for those tags in units 1,2, and 3.
Your 1st choice Doe unit is alive and well until all Buck choices are gone. The "opt out" clause only applies when "all" of your Buck choices have not been drawn.

(the above is contingent on my ability to interpret confusing Game laws.)

I wouldn't waste the application on applying for doe tags. Use the application to apply for your buck tags and then whichever unit you draw, get your doe tags as leftovers OTC when you get there or online when they go on sale in July

Thanks for the advice guys, it does make more sense to just buy them later when you know where you are hunting. After staring at the maps and draw odds and regs for hours I got a little overwhelmed and confused. I think I have a pretty good grasp on it now though, thanks again and good luck to everyone on their apps. :)

If you have an idea how many Doe tags will be leftovers, you can wait. If they are close to a sellout, appl with the Buck tag.
It all depends one the unit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back