Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

WY 64 Elk and Griz

Caseknife

My buddy got drawn for elk in unit 64, I didn't, but will be accompanying him. I know that is a unit that has grizzlies, but what are the densities especially in upper drainages in the NF? I'll be packing a 44 mag with 300gr hardcast, and bearspray. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Congrats on the tag,,here is the Lander Wyoming regional office number, they should be able to answer any questions you might have. 1 307 332 2688

Just guessing that the sleeping is lighter when you are in griz country. Here's to a great adventure.

;) Spent some time in both 63 and 64. My buddies who hunt it yearly always had the ponies pack some solar panels to run electric fence around camp. Call WGFD as suggested but expect to see bears. This time of year they're moving high to eat the migrating Miller moths. Sweet country if you've never seen it. Be safe but have fun!
-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

Thanks for the info, Cade. I will call the Lander office to get their input. We will be camping with a tent trailer. My concern is more around camp than running accross a bear in the woods where you tend to be a little more alert. Would hate to go out for a nature drill in the dark and meet Mr Griz with my pants down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back