Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

WTB - Nosler M48 Mountain Carbon .28

Deckerp

If anyone is about to sell their M48 mountain carbon in .28 Nosler shoot me a message. I am looking to upgrade my hunting rifle and think I have settled on that one. Might go new but wanted to dip my foot in the used pool and see if there are any out there. If you have one but it’s not for sale let me know what you think of it.

Fantastic Rifle. I have a Nosler .30 in a Nosler M48 Custom. Its the most accurate, smoothest cycling rifle I have ever used. I was then in the market for a Mountain Carbon in .27 Nosler. But then Cabelas had a stupid one day crazy sale on Browning X Bolt Pro in .28 Nosler. So i bought it. I am still going to get a Mountain Carbon because its a sexy rifle that weighs nothing. I think th .28 is the best new all around cartridge. My buddy has one and has used it extensively, so I was ok to get one instead of the .27. ( for now) The .30 is the best elk round I have ever used, but a bit much for deer for me as I dont like to switch cartridges and have all my rifles set up with CDS. I consider the .28 my new combo gun when I am hunting both elk and deer together. I shot a cow with the .28 at around 450-500 yards ( longer than I normally like). When the bullet hit it sounded like a second bullet going off. Whack, dead. But knowing me with an affinty for new shiny objects and high end or custom rifles a Mountain Carbon will be my next rifle.

Dont you like how I completely answered your post with nothing to do with a rifle for sale.

Fantastic Rifle. I have a Nosler .30 in a Nosler M48 Custom. Its the most accurate, smoothest cycling rifle I have ever used. I was then in the market for a Mountain Carbon in .27 Nosler. But then Cabelas had a stupid one day crazy sale on Browning X Bolt Pro in .28 Nosler. So i bought it. I am still going to get a Mountain Carbon because its a sexy rifle that weighs nothing. I think th .28 is the best new all around cartridge. My buddy has one and has used it extensively, so I was ok to get one instead of the .27. ( for now) The .30 is the best elk round I have ever used, but a bit much for deer for me as I dont like to switch cartridges and have all my rifles set up with CDS. I consider the .28 my new combo gun when I am hunting both elk and deer together. I shot a cow with the .28 at around 450-500 yards ( longer than I normally like). When the bullet hit it sounded like a second bullet going off. Whack, dead. But knowing me with an affinty for new shiny objects and high end or custom rifles a Mountain Carbon will be my next rifle.

Dont you like how I completely answered your post with nothing to do with a rifle for sale.
Actually I appreciate the response! I'll mostly be using it for elk, and hope to get some Pronghorn as well with it so I thought the .28 would be the right middle ground (in so far as that's possible with such differently sized animals), and am glad to hear you agree. I've been using a howa 1500 in 30.06 and am hoping to upgrade only once... and want something that's accurate and light. My Howa doesn't like some ammos and after two shots the barrel heats up enough to change the zero at 100yards by about 2" and doesn't come back until it's really really cooled back down.

I have one that I won't be parting with anytime soon. As stated above: so smooth. Additionally, the contour of the stock is perfect in my opinion. It is a very comfortable and functional rifle. I think it's a very well thought out and manufactured Mountain rifle. The 28 barks a little, but what do you expect from a 7lb scoped rifle? Can't go wrong in my opinion.

Actually I appreciate the response! I'll mostly be using it for elk, and hope to get some Pronghorn as well with it so I thought the .28 would be the right middle ground (in so far as that's possible with such differently sized animals), and am glad to hear you agree. I've been using a howa 1500 in 30.06 and am hoping to upgrade only once... and want something that's accurate and light. My Howa doesn't like some ammos and after two shots the barrel heats up enough to change the zero at 100yards by about 2" and doesn't come back until it's really really cooled back down.
I am shooting 180gr Accubonds in my Browning. In my .30 Nosler I am shooting handloaded Pendleton Ammunition 200Gr Barns LRX. My buddy sent his .28 in to Pendleton also for load development. But the regular 180Gr Accubond will shoot awesome. I would not shoot Accubond LR on elk.

Oh that would be nice - Pendleton load development. I haven't dipped into hand loading as of yet but could see myself getting there down the road if I end up with more time - especially with the cost of .28 Nosler being more than 30.06 as I'm used to. My HOWA likes 180gr more than lighter faster stuff and I was hunting with the Barns TTSX which it seemed to like alright.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back