Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

WTB: Lightweight Tipi Tent

GoGriz

Looking for a backpacking tipi style tent. I have my eye on Luxe or Seekoustide. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

A bit quick mate. Hope your wife loves your personality.
She does - the world needs more people who can make decisions and who are willing to ask for assistance, but who also know when it’s not coming and then help themselves.

have been mildly looking myself. Any reason you chose that one? Is it compatible with a stove?
thx

@enjoyanas (or something really close to that - sorry, I’m on my phone so I can’t look it up) said he has their tipi versions of this and that he has been happy with it down into the freezing temps and on long backpacks. This is compatible with a stove and will sleep tall people (I’m 6’-5”). They also got 5 in stock recently and with the season coming up and the shortage of camping gear all year, I thought I’d pull the trigger and see how I like it.

Haha your close enough man!

I've been really happy with mine so far amigo, they're made well and are a great buy imo. The inner tent is a great addition for some 3 plus season stuff. Tipi's are a bit different than a traditional tent setup but offer some great benefits as well.

Enjoy it!

She does - the world needs more people who can make decisions and who are willing to ask for assistance, but who also know when it’s not coming and then help themselves.
Good stuff and good response man. This forum appreciates and welcomes people who enjoy the occasional ribbing. :)
Can’t help you with the Luxe. went down this road a while ago and ended up SO Cimarron with stove. Generally love the floorless tipi concept.
minor bits of advice: 1) if you do a stove (again, not sure on Luxe), get proficient on setting it up ahead of time 2) watch your location setups (ie, a ‘could get swampy if it rains’ area matters a lot more now to you if you are floor less, ) 3) check out weight saving trekking pole options to replace a main center pole (see SO)
4) have fun and I’m sure it’ll be a good time.
take care.
Edit: also if you’re 6’5” my 5’11” ass is done being silly. Good luck with the tipi ;)

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back