Wolf killed in YNP.

wytex

Isn't that boundary well marked?
I wouldn't donate to that gofundme, however the fine seems excessive.

rustneversleeps

Id say that guy got off pretty well - names were kept under wraps which will probably keep the wolf huggers from burning him at the stake

Mtnhuntr

Isn't that boundary well marked?
I wouldn't donate to that gofundme, however the fine seems excessive.
That’s what I was thinking wytex. Went up there buffalo hunting and there are boundary markers every 30 yards or so.

SFC B

I would like to know exactly how well marked it is where he was. If it is questionable at all I would say that fine is excessive. A $2-500 fine sure.....5K?

Topgun 30-06

I would like to know exactly how well marked it is where he was. If it is questionable at all I would say that fine is excessive. A $2-500 fine sure.....5K?
A little off is one thing, but the account I read stated they were at least 1/4 mile inside the Park boundary! That kind of distance should never happen if you're carrying a GPS!

icebreaker12

There's a road that cuts out of the park into the forest there. My guess would be they thought they had left the park but hadn't when they encountered the wolf.

PrairieHunter

I've heard old timers tell stores of hunting sheep just inside the border of GTNP back in the day.

Hopefully it wasn't this guy.

RobG

Once I met two rangers coming out of Speciman Creek. They were on horseback, carrying rifles, and had vests on. I asked them about the gear and they said they were monitoring the skyline trail (YNP border) for sheep poachers.