Withdraw my NM Elk application?

jpcoll01

I drew a big game combo in MT and plan on being out there Mid-Sept - Thanksgiving trying to fill those tags. Does anyone know if it is possible to withdraw just my NM elk tag? I know I probably won't draw but...if I was ever going to draw it, it will be this year when I really don't want it. I can't find anywhere how to withdraw my app. If I can't withdraw can you return a tag?

I would not suggest backing out of the New Mexico draw if that’s even possible, to hunt a Montana general combo.
I think you can return a tag, but I don’t know about pulling out of the draw before it happens.

New Mexico seasons are so short, if you have September to November, you should be able to get away for a few days. It will be a nice little break for you to actually get to see more elk than hunters. I would look forward to it and keep the New Mexico tag if you get one

NO e-tag so I can print and burn as many as I want I guess. All credit to the MT residents lighting up the internet saying there isn't a single elk or deer left in the state and only a sea of orange. Keep up the good work!

It's a fair question. The main reason for me is that my family and I will actually be in Montana for the entire fall (have a rental for Sept 15 - Nov 16). To try to leave MT and go to NM for a 5 day season would be a little tough. Very low chance I draw anyway but I was just trying to avoid having to make that decision.

All were saying is who would withdraw a NM tag to hunt the Montana general tag?
If the NM tag is a later rifle or subpar unit i would rather have the months i can devote to a MT tag vs 5 days. If its a first rifle or second archery i would rather have the NM tag if in a decent unit. I have only had 1elk tag in NM in very high demand unit, first rifle. Wasnt impressed, completely changed my app after that giving it one more try hopefully.

der no elks in NM anyways...

I believe you can withdraw before deadline date but not sure after. You would lose application fee.
The way I read it you can request a refund ,in writing, and if your dead, called up to active duty, injury or life threatening illness. Up until hunt date.
1-888-248-6866

I drew a big game combo in MT and plan on being out there Mid-Sept - Thanksgiving trying to fill those tags. Does anyone know if it is possible to withdraw just my NM elk tag? I know I probably won't draw but...if I was ever going to draw it, it will be this year when I really don't want it. I can't find anywhere how to withdraw my app. If I can't withdraw can you return a tag?
You can’t turn it back in. However, when you fill out your hunt report it asks how many days you hunted. Just put none. NM is a pure lottery and no points are given out. So fill out your hunt report and apply again next year. It’s an awesome place to hunt.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back