Winter project

Personally, I wouldn't want either a .280 Rem or a 7mm RM with an 18" barrel. I think that you wold loose 2-300 fps in velocity, and the muzzle blast would be worse than it is from my .375 RUM with it's 26" barrel and muzzle brake.
I’ll take an 18” barrel threaded and wearing a 9” can over a 26” barrel with the same 9” can.

I shoot the 6.5x284. Its a Cooper Model 22 up until I moved I was able to reload for it. I used Lapua brass and Nosler bullets. I've been very happy with a it's performance on deer. I shot a coyote with it and it was a bit much for that. Recoil is moderate it's just a fun round to shoot. Gets a little spendy to feed it, the old man had it before I did and he split the cost of brass with another gentleman. I need to learn more about the AI cartridges.
Can't wait to see what you decide to do looking forward to the updates 🙂🙂

I’ll take an 18” barrel threaded and wearing a 9” can over a 26” barrel with the same 9” can.
There's no way that I would put a 9" can on a 26" barrel, or even a 24" barrel.

Suppressors definately quiet a loud muzzle blast. For over 50 years and litteraly hundreds of thousands of rounds shot, I'm perfectly comfortable wearing ear plugs or muffs. I'm not a fan of the added length of a can or the big blob on the end of the barrel. I don't even like iron sights on scoped rifles.

But if you're shooting on the bench next to me at the range, I certanly have no complaints if your rifle is surpressed.

Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohan7
Back