Winchester Supper Short Magnum

Losing_Sanity

Does anyone shoot the WSSMs anymore? Out of boredom, I have been doing some extra reading on these cartridges. I'm curious and wondering what to do when the barrel is burned out. What is a suitable conversion since the action is shorter than a "short action"? But I can't find much on the subject.

I was thinking maybe converting to the 6mm PRC or necking up to a 6.5 (.264) as a 6.5 wssm. Or maybe the .25 wssm? Necking up seems to be a better option as the .223 does not feed very well. Also, for hunting medium sized game animals the 6.5 seems to be the most logical idea. Has anyone ever necked up to a .277 or a 7mm bullet? Although these would not perform better than anything already designed, it might be interesting. I have never done a wild cat before and maybe that would be an adventure worth taking.

Thanks in advance for any insight to this subject. I'm looking forward to some good discussion.

Have a 243 wssm , no issue with the barrel yet what so ever. Really like the caliber. However, we have so many options for hunting guns and shooting that it rarely gets out in the field. Talk about a screamer coyote round though.
Be interesting to hear what you do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back