Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Who has a trimming method that they like?

Dougfirtree

I'm getting pretty sick of my trimming method. I have one of those cranks that attaches to the top of my Lee press. Maybe it's just wearing out, but that thing is driving me crazy. Who has a trimming tool that they like? Thanks!

There are services you can ship it out to for trimming. Maybe not worth it if you use inexpensive brass, but for high end stuff I wouldn’t rule it out.

I too use the Lee case specific trimmer.
Cordless drill makes fast work of trimming, chamfer, deburr.
So, you attach the trimming head to a cordless drill and stick that in the case-specific die? Do they sell those heads in a format that easily attaches to a drill?

It's the Lee case length gages, essentially a shell holder, and specific length/diameter mandrel. They sell for about $5 each.
Shellholder screws onto a base with a hex on it for a drill chuck. Put case in holder and hand screw tight to hold casing.
Mandrel screws into the trimmer head, then gets inserted into the case neck.
Hold trimmer head in one hand, drill in the other.

No guessing or worry about trim length.

I used the Lee trimmer, but now use an rcbs. I prefer the rcbs because it is quicker and more precise. Also bought myself a Lyman prep station for Valentine's Day.

How has @JohnCushman not found this thread to make a joke out of it yet . . . lol
So many possibilities ;) mtmuley remarks how the 300RUM is so powerful it self trims, Don F remarks how this is all hooey and back in the day they just used hedge shears and TopGun pointing out that it is still illegal to park along the side of state highways. :)

(for the humor impaired, this is offered in jest, not criticism)

I use the Lee trimmers and attach the base to a drill. Has been working for me for MANY years. Inherited an expensive Lyman and went back to the Lee. Simple, cheap and spot on. Like many reloading things, don't over-think it!

World's Finest Trimmers. Have Have used the WFT-Original for several years and they work very well. And, the crank handled one are not fun if you have more than a few brass to process.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back