which rifle carrier was randy using?

gman82001

Just watched the episode with randy killing the 4pt bull in Colorado. I've been thinking of getting trekking poles for next season for a mule deer hunt that will most likely involve more walking to glassing spots rather than jump shooting deer and since my pack doesn't really have a built in rifle carrier (you can get one from kuiu but I'm not convinced its a quick system) I saw this one and wanted to research it more. And if anyone is using the kuiu or another system please feel free to throw it out as well. Thanks guys

The one I am was using is the Kifaru Gun Bearer. I have probably sold 250 of those for Kifaru this TV season. Seems to be the most common email I get.

I've been approached by a company that wants me to work on a better system; a design I have been experimenting with. Hope I can find a way to make it work (produced at a reasonable price) and make it available to people who want to have a "hands free" rifle situation.

Lol awesome thanks a ton randy I wasn't expecting the first answer to be you... Loving the dvds that i just got a few days ago for the hunt contest sat and watched the elk disk in one whack the other night lol

Randy, I have been wondering about the gun sling as well. Thanks for the info. I have actually tried to carry my rifle in this manner with a regular sling, but it is not as secure as this system and can still slip off of your shoulder. I went out on their site and had a look. It is not clear to me the exact attachment. I don't have their back pack. Is it necessary for the butt stock pouch? I already have several back packs and really don't want to buy another right now. Is the pack you use that brand?

I have a gun bearer I use with my Kelty pack. I think they call it the universal system, and it will attach to about any large pack belt and shoulder strap. First season with it and loving it. You might check into that one.

Randy, I have been wondering about the gun sling as well. Thanks for the info. I have actually tried to carry my rifle in this manner with a regular sling, but it is not as secure as this system and can still slip off of your shoulder. I went out on their site and had a look. It is not clear to me the exact attachment. I don't have their back pack. Is it necessary for the butt stock pouch? I already have several back packs and really don't want to buy another right now. Is the pack you use that brand?

I don't use their pack. I use Mystery Ranch packs. They have different models, based on the type of pack you use. You will want to get the butt stock pouch.

Randy has on a mystery ranch so I'm assuming it works with most.. look at the video on their website it shows them with an Ar style rifle and the setup

^^^^ beat by the man with the answers

The Kifaru Universal Gunbearer is a two piece system. The top piece attaches to the shoulder strap on your pack. The bottom piece attaches to the waist band on your pack. Both attachments are by hook & loop (Velcro) and will work on any pack.

http://store.kifaru.net/gun-bearers-p30.aspx

I've been using one since 2001 and wouldn't have a pack without it.

If you're driving through Denver you can go by the Kifaru shop and pick one up in person.

The universal gun bearer will fit non Kifaru packs. The short/long is dependent on how big your belt webbing/padding is.

It's awkward having the barrel right there at first, but once you get used to it, it's a great system.
I made a modification to mine to stabilize it more. My gun would always want to twist.

I put a G hook attached to the loop on the outside of the butt cradle

webbing attached to the delta strap buckle that's on the belt. This is specific to my pack frame system. For a more universal method, perhaps another g hook on this end too.

The jist of it is to stabilize the butt cradle via webbing. different packs will need different connection methods. This virtually eliminates the twist or wobble

Thanks for the feedback guys ill definitely be grabbing one. Randy hurry up and get yours to market so I can buy one from you. Just a quick question guys the long/short is just asking if you have a padded hip belt correct? They throw the measurements in there and it kind of throws me off a bit. The icon pro I picked up and my Mr dragon slayer both have a padded belt so I'm assuming the long is the one for me

The long version is for a wide padded belt. The short will fit a non-padded 3 inch nylon web belt. Ron Wright - I like your mod. My wife has a bit of a problem with twist. As good as the Gunbearer is, it isn't really designed to work with the female anatomy.

Just for your info. ..... Walmart has the trekking poles for $19.00. They a re nice and adjustable and spring loaded. Used them on the last elk hunt and loved them.

good luck to all
the dog

Just for your info. ..... Walmart has the trekking poles for $19.00. They a re nice and adjustable and spring loaded. Used them on the last elk hunt and loved them.

good luck to all
the dog

Thanks for the info I was looking at sierra trading post here locally and waiting to find a good coupon but ill go check these out as well

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back