What’s going on in Oregon?

All they have to do is get portland onboard mainly, and if you've seen how anything (not just wildlife) is managed, you could see that common sense is lacking in about ALL political aspects it seems

Look at all the trapping bans happening in states not nearly as far leaning as OR, so I would by no means call it a stretch for it to appear on the ballot, with some major backing (sadly)

Just a couple animal rights whackos doing what they do. I doubt they gather enough signatures. All of the organizations and industries that the petition would impact are already mobilized against it.

I expect it to gather some momentum, but I can't imagine it actually passing, even as liberal.as Oregon can be. What I see as the greater danger is that somebody is using this as a test case to identify specific issues where they can come back in the future and pass parts and pieces that will advance their agenda. You know, this one fails, so they come back with "common sense" measures next year.

QQ

For those who have never been to Oregon, follow I 5 south from Portland to just south of Eugene, 20 miles either side of the freeway. That’s were the weirdness comes from. The rest of us are normal.

Strongly disagree.

Was in north powder last october and this dude was walking down highway 84 dragging a 12 ft cross. Bottom of it was on wheels so he was cheating. Guides also had to chase off some hobos smoking crack in the field. Ya'll are out there.

Back