Caribou Gear Tarp

What sight - has been figured out

danwolf

Shooting a 2018 Hyperforce. #3 Cam @ 70 lbs. Currently have a Axcel AccuHunter one pin on it. My previous bow had a 5 pin and I liked it, hunting with the 1 pin sight this year really was frustrating.

Looking to go to a 5 pin slider, or just a really durable 5 pin fixed. Are those Black Gold Verdicts pretty good? Spott hogg?

edit - thanks for all the suggestions all- I took a look at the Black Gold Revenge suggested by @CabinetBulls and custom ordered one with the first 4 pins .19, last three .1 with a 2" scope. Picture below - restrung, new Black Eagle Renegade 300's and the Revenge on my Hyperforce.

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 08.09.00.png

Last edited:
Both names you listed are really good sights and build some of the best sights on the market. Also look at CBE they have a 3 pin slider to give you a little more distance if needed.

I have been considering the Spott Hogg Fast Eddie, and it looks like a pretty great sight! There are a lot of people who have reviewed them too.

I really like my HHA 3 pin slider. Makes it really easy to practice at long distance, but have quick reference when hunting. They also make a 5 pin.

I got an Apex 4 pin with a floater. I used a single pin for many years and the best thing I ever did was switch to a 4 pin w/floater. You bet the best of both worlds. I have a couple buddies that swear by the spot Hogg fast Eddie XL 5 pin with floater.

I have a BG 5 pin slider as well. One of the better investments I have made recently. Seems to me to be the best of both worlds.

Might want to look at the "IQ" bow sight. They have metal pins. They are bright at low light and the pins are small. Note, I still run a peep with it and use the eye to make sure I'm not torquing the bow.

I have been considering the Spott Hogg Fast Eddie, and it looks like a pretty great sight! There are a lot of people who have reviewed them too.

The fast Eddie will likely be my new sight, I cant decide on the single (really two) pin or the three pin version. The single pin now has two dots, it looks like there is a marker arrow for each dot that is accurate on the tape. Idon’t think I will do the XL, most of my bow hunting is whitetail inside 40 yards. Anyone have input on the xl vs regular?

The fast Eddie will likely be my new sight, I cant decide on the single (really two) pin or the three pin version. The single pin now has two dots, it looks like there is a marker arrow for each dot that is accurate on the tape. Idon’t think I will do the XL, most of my bow hunting is whitetail inside 40 yards. Anyone have input on the xl vs regular?
I am thinking about going with the regular also. I think the dovetail on the XL is the main difference. It allows you to get the sight out further from your riser. Some people say its easier to see the pins that way?

I have a black gold revenge 7 pin... very high quality sights

Thanks for all the input guys. Plot twist. I think I'm done with the sliders for now. Took a look at the Revenge 7 pin... and ordered it. Black Gold Revenge 7 pin on a 6 in dovetail, first three pins .19, last four are .10.

Thanks for all the input guys. Plot twist. I think I'm done with the sliders for now. Took a look at the Revenge 7 pin... and ordered it. Black Gold Revenge 7 pin on a 6 in dovetail, first three pins .19, last four are .10.
You will be pleased with that sight

Black Gold sights have pretty much the brightest pins you will find. They're durable and reliable. I have the 5-pin Ascent adjustable. Only really use the adjustment for 3D shoots during the summer. Makes shooting those long-distance shots a lot of fun. Hunting season I don't adjust anything. Plus, they are made right here locally. Great guys to work with.

You will be pleased with that sight

Yeah I’m excited to put it on my bow and sell that one pin

Black Gold sights have pretty much the brightest pins you will find. They're durable and reliable. I have the 5-pin Ascent adjustable. Only really use the adjustment for 3D shoots during the summer. Makes shooting those long-distance shots a lot of fun. Hunting season I don't adjust anything. Plus, they are made right here locally. Great guys to work with.

Glad to hear, sound like I’m headed in a good direction now

My older /backup bow has an a Axcel 7 pin that I liked but its a lot of clutter. My newer 2yr old setup has a Montana Black Gold ascent 3 pin slider and I love it. You can custom build your own sight and they are pleasant to deal with.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back