Sheep

KayakMacGyver

We don't have a lot of people in our lives that share our excitement for hunting and get great joy out of sharing experiences with this community. I hope to document as much of the process as possible, both through a journal (see thread below) and maybe even some self-filming. Thanks for all that this group does to make us feel right at home!

https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/so-were-going-to-be-sheep-hunters.306615/

Last edited:
First of all, grats to you and your wife!

If I understand things correctly, there would be 22 resident tags, 3 Guided and just 1 non-Resident.

26 total tags
84% for Residents would be 21.84 (gets rounded up)
10% for Guided would be 2.6 (the .6 is higher so this gets rounded up)
6% for Non-Res would be 1.56 (the .56 is lower than .6 so it gets rounded down)

Not sure it works that way with the rounding up the higher fraction. I think it's possible that you would have 2 and 2 with guided and unguided.

Not sure it works that way with the rounding up the higher fraction. I think it's possible that you would have 2 and 2 with guided and unguided.
I thought they changed it to all NR tags rounding down so 2 guided and 1 non guided.

I thought they changed it to all NR tags rounding down so 2 guided and 1 non guided.
84%+ MUST go to residents, after that it isn't concrete 10%/6%. In 25 tag units, 21 go to residents, 2 usually go to guided, 1 to unguided, 4th can be either guided or nonres. In a 26 tag scenario, still 4 tags up for grabs, 2 guided, 1 unguided, 1 to whoever is next.

First of all, grats to you and your wife!

If I understand things correctly, there would be 22 resident tags, 3 Guided and just 1 non-Resident.

26 total tags
84% for Residents would be 21.84 (gets rounded up)
10% for Guided would be 2.6 (the .6 is higher so this gets rounded up)
6% for Non-Res would be 1.56 (the .56 is lower than .6 so it gets rounded down)

I think you've got it nailed here according to how NMDFG explained last year's rounding changes to me. If the fraction between outfitted and NR pool is the same, the remaining tag goes to the next name drawn from either category.

Very cool! Grats to your wife and yourself! Look forward to reading your adventure!

Side note: Duck slayer has his bearings with "Live Hunts". I think this would a great one to follow.

Again, grats all around!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back