Wasn't sure where to post this

Djfan

But I was elk hunting at the time.

I was on a hillside with my buddy, glassing, when I saw something white run across a small clearing. I got the binos up just in time to see a sheep running. I told my buddy that I saw a sheep, and he looked at me like I was nuts.

About 20 minutes later I hit him on the shoulder and pointed to our new friend.

He stayed very close to us for the last half hour or so, but wouldn't follow us. We were going to take him home and have the ag guy trace the ear tag to the owners. We were clearly his new friends, but no commitment on his part.

This was a hunting first for me.

Attachments

• 20201017_174502.jpg
    20201017_174502.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 104
Hunting in the hills around salt lake growing up it wasn't uncommon to have some that got missed in the fall roundups. Never took any home though, my dad hated mutton.

We really weren't going to eat him. (Mutton is not good). The local ag team here could track him based on location and ear tag.

Had a similar run in with a goat a few years back. I was walking through a field towards the truck after dark. I had already unloaded my muzzleloader. I see a dark, four legged figure a ways off and figured it was the deer that never showed up near my stand. Then it started running towards me. After soiling myself, I grabbed my muzzleloader by the barrel and was planning on baseball batting the charging critter. It stopped about ten feet from me, then followed me around like a lost puppy. Turns out it had gotten away from a neighboring farm and was apparently lonely.

It was probably the scariest 10 seconds I have ever had while hunting (other than a giant tree falling right next to me), but I couldn't help but laugh after I realized I wasn't about to be killed by the elusive Ohio grizzly bear.......

A sheep wanders into elk camp. This sounds like an elk cheese fantasy tale ..

I had one come into a waterhole I was sitting in the Ruby's of NV while archery hunting. It came in really fast and drank water for about 5 minutes then took off like a shot. We didn't see any other sheep in the area which was strange because any other time we've seen them there were hundreds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back