Washington State Legislator Helped Plan the Malheur Occupation

Irrelevant

It's pretty disappointing that an elected representative is so anti-federal public lands, that he's going to meet with law enforcement officials to collect strategic info for the express purpose of providing that info to the occupiers.

All the other stuff in the article isn't relevant to public lands, but the Malheur stuff I thought was interesting.

Why is he in Washington? Ken Ivory lives in Utah. They could be besties

Would be very curious to see what kind of support he has from his constituents after this report.

Would be very curious to see what kind of support he has from his constituents after this report.

From comments I heard in 2018 when articles came out about Shea I would be surprised if he was not re-elected. If he moved across the border to ID he would probably be elected too.

"Shea was also removed from his position as ranking member on the House Energy and Environment Committee, and will be taken off two other committees on which he serves."

At least his party isn't turning a blind eye.

Part of me would like to think that charges will be pressed, but considering they couldn't even make charges stick to the guys that committed the armed take over of Mulheur, doesn't give me much faith in that approach.

From comments I heard in 2018 when articles came out about Shea I would be surprised if he was not re-elected. If he moved across the border to ID he would probably be elected too.
I think this is will actually help him get elected. I mean these are the types of things his constituents support.

Civil disobedience yes... terrorist no. Why is a stroke justification to take someone's guns away?

Civil disobedience yes... terrorist no. Why is a stroke justification to take someone's guns away?
Civil disobedience is not helping to plan an armed take over of federal property then meeting with the FBI only to pass along info to the occupiers.

I don't know legally what qualifies as "terrorism" and part of me doesn't think the authors of the original paper do either, but I'm damn sure that nothing about Malheur was civil disobedience.

Did they actually threaten the agents? Point weapons at them? Fire on them? Being armed is not against the law.

Did they actually threaten the agents? Point weapons at them? Fire on them? Being armed is not against the law.
Wait a sec... you support armed take overs by radical right wing extremists and you're from Utah. Do you also live under a bridge or did Rob Bishop finally get a login on here?

Civil disobedience yes... terrorist no.

"I just want government to do what I've told them to do," - Ryan Bundy

“The dissident does not operate in the realm of genuine power at all. He is not seeking power. He has no desire for office and does not gather votes. He does not attempt to charm the public, he offers nothing and promises nothing. His actions simply articulate his dignity as a citizen, regardless of the cost.”- Václav Havel

.... so about that...

Wait a sec... you support armed take overs by radical right wing extremists and you're from Utah. Do you also live under a bridge or did Rob Bishop finally get a login on here?
If he were a radical left wing extremist, would he have your support?

If the accounts of the story are true, it is frightened that someone of this mindset can be elected to office. Unfortunately there's more than him, and on BOTH sides of the aisle.

I too would like more info on why a veteran is having his guns taken away after suffering a stroke. That's a eyebrow raise, I need to hear all the facts on that one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back