Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Washington birds fallin

Kraven

Hey Huys Im back for awhile.The opening weekend was great as usual and snuck up on me like it always does.The opener was unsuccessfull due to pouring down rain and snow.So we woke up to 2" of snow on the second morning,Easter sunday and headed low for birds.I got on a bird at 5:30am and ended up calling him away from 2 hens, he was gobbling and spitting and drumming the entire time until I shot him at 7:00 am.The shot was 38 yards and used Remington 3" 4x6 load.He weighed in at almost 23 lbs with a 9" beard and 3/4 and 7/8 spurs. Heres a pic of him,hope you enjoy it.
DSC00833.JPG

On the 3rd morning my brother ended up leaving and not wanting to go out in the morning,mistake.Beautiful sunny morning and birds gobbling everywhere,so I headed up the mountain after passing up a shot on a couple Jakes that got in as close as 10 yards to me.At the the top I took a 15-20 min nap then decided to do some calling and got a gobble from across canyon, after about 10 minutes of calling to them they flew the canyon,2 hen and 2 toms.The lead Tom was on me in about 10 minutes after getting to my side of the ridge.I took the shot after he got done strutting on in at 28 yards with the same load,he weighed in at just over 19 lbs with a 8 1/2" beard and 3/4 inch spurs.I was wearing a Ghillie suit made by Bush Rags,a company that my good buddy owns.Heres a pic of this bird.
DSC00843.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back