unit 71/711 colorado

PAGOAT

I know it is early but we are planning a first rifle elk hunt in these units next year. I was wondering if anyone here has hunted it and how they have done. I've heard it is pretty crowded but I think being first rifle should help with that. The maps I saw look like there is a lot of atv roads and I'm hoping I can find some road less areas, like I said I'm just starting the E scouting now. Thanks

I hunted 71/711 for many years but never during first rifle due to the large amount of hunters and warm weather. Also, the areas we hunted do not allow atv's so it is either foot or horse travel. If harvesting an elk and caring for your meat is your top priority, I would stay away from the early seasons (just my 2 cents). I prefer the third season and the chance of snow being on the ground.

Were you in a lizard head wilderness or just gated road area ? I'm going to look more to see if there is any outfitters that offer to pack meat in the area too... Did you see any bear the years you hunted out there ? Thank You for the help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back