Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Two lion hunts. New video

Very cool, I hope to get out this Jan and chase one too. What caliber did he shoot them with? There didn’t seem to be any hide damage and quick kills.

Very cool, I hope to get out this Jan and chase one too. What caliber did he shoot them with? There didn’t seem to be any hide damage and quick kills.
He used his 22-250 with a 40 grain bullet I believe.. varmint caliber rifles with good bullets and precise shot placement dispatches cats quickly .. frustrating when I see poor shots made in some lion hunting videos... No excuse for it....

He used his 22-250 with a 40 grain bullet I believe.. varmint caliber rifles with good bullets and precise shot placement dispatches cats quickly .. frustrating when I see poor shots made in some lion hunting videos... No excuse for it....
Does he do a reduced power load? My 243 with a 55g ballistic tip does a wonder on small critters but I worry it will leave a nasty exit hole. If I ever get a opportunity I would hate to ruin the hide.

Does he do a reduced power load? My 243 with a 55g ballistic tip does a wonder on small critters but I worry it will leave a nasty exit hole. If I ever get a opportunity I would hate to ruin the hide.
Full power..... If you go light & fast with a reactive bullet....it shouldn't reach the other side.... But you need to stay away from shoulders ect.... Some trees may not afford you that though... If you book with an outfitter...my advice, follow his direction... Cats are easy to kill when shot correctly... If you watch "one last race" on our channel, I used my 44...240 grain hp didn't exit and dropped him stone dead.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back