Two grizzly attacks yesterday in the Gravelly Range

MT has some to spare. A 6 pack, a catch pole, and a set of titanium balls and you can make it a reality.

A little bucket biology so they say... pretty sure in 20 years if you see a guy pulling a shipping crate full of bears down the highway from MT, it will be me... having contracted terminal cancer and deciding to leave my mark on CO. ;)

I think that northern Californikator is a better place. My kid was fighting fires there, and they have tons of lions, black bears and now even wolves (yes they are there, the fire officials confirmed it and the kid saw tracks). It is only fitting that they top off the predator list with some of the excess griz from the northern Rockies. There is no limit to the stupidity, when it comes to protecting these bears.

Define irony... Humans spend thousands of years fearing apex predators, evolving to a point that they are no longer a significant threat. Now we are regressing to the point we are reestablishing apex predator populations and protecting them so we can live in fear of being eaten again... The smartest species on the planet they say....;)

Honestly I would love some grizz in CO, would solve some "non-consumptive" user issues in lots of spots I like to hunt.
You're set! Your brethren @ Patagonia will increase their funding of their "Action Works" Enviro groups... Include griz with their current push for forced transplant of grey wolves. Especially considering Yvon Chouinard's personal interest with Griz due to his stated fear of their extinction due to, "trophy hunters", would likely be an easy sell to get them on board.
/I jest... Really, this is intended as humor. Please don't contact them. 😏

Regarding hunting SW Montana outside Dillon, as mentioned in another thread, couple friends who live down that area said it's a cluster F of archery hunters. On a level they've never seen before.
Bound to have more potential for injury, attacks...
I worry about rifle season when we usually have a couple each year go missing / get lost.

You're set! Your brethren @ Patagonia will increase their funding of their "Action Works" Enviro groups... Include griz with their current push for forced transplant of grey wolves. Especially considering Yvon Chouinard's personal interest with Griz due to his stated fear of their extinction due to, "trophy hunters", would likely be an easy sell to get them on board.
/I jest... Really, this is intended as humor. Please don't contact them. 😏

Regarding hunting SW Montana outside Dillon, as mentioned in another thread, couple friends who live down that area said it's a cluster F of archery hunters. On a level they've never seen before.
Bound to have more potential for injury, attacks...
I worry about rifle season when we usually have a couple each year go missing / get lost.
Not really into the wolf thing in CO, could we just trade for bears? What if I promise to buy all the Patagonia at retail price?

I’m kinda terrified that this year is more of a cluster than previous years. I was in there during archery season in 14’ with a buddy, and it was insane. No where that I’ve seen in CO was as bad as that.

Those guys are so lucky. Lots of grizzly bears have been moving into that area. I wonder how many sheep they have been eating...

I’m pretty sure I could pinpoint the basin these attacks happened in. Shit happens.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back