TSS

PAGOAT

Is anyone reloading TSS shot ? I'm reading of coyote at 60 to 70 yards with #2 and turkeys at that distance with #9 shot. I've found some shot but not much in data on loads and ammo is at around $8 to $12 a shot for the 12 gauge. It is a bit pricey to shoot but only pulling the trigger a few times a year it seems ok.

I shoot #7 TSS and have killed several turkeys with it. Choked correctly you get very dense patterns and #7 TSS pellet has the about the same weight as #5 lead shot. I’ve killed one bird at 45 yards only because I misjudged the distance. He went down hard without flopping around. The rest have been closer. My two this season were both around 25. I’m calling BS on the 70 yard claims with #9s. The guys I know that are shooting 9s are experienced turkey hunters shooting them out of 28s and 410s after calling birds into their lap. No matter the shotgun/ shell combo, it’s still a 40-45 yard weapon at best and closer is way better. I have killed more than a few limping gobblers because some yahoo got excited and started banging away at 50-60 yards.

I was just basing that off what I'm reading on other sites by people doing penetration tests, patterning, and using the stuff. I shoot 3 1/2 " #5 out of my SP10 99% of the time but was thinking this could be a great shell out of my Benelli in 3". I thought I'd see if anyone here used it, the reloading is where it gets hard it seems.

TSS is good stuff. I haven’t seen it as a reloading component yet.

Is anyone reloading TSS shot ? I'm reading of coyote at 60 to 70 yards with #2 and turkeys at that distance with #9 shot. I've found some shot but not much in data on loads and ammo is at around $8 to $12 a shot for the 12 gauge. It is a bit pricey to shoot but only pulling the trigger a few times a year it seems ok.

TSS from a 12 gauge is lethal way past 45 yards. If you want to reload google gobblernation

TSS is good stuff. I haven’t seen it as a reloading component yet.
It's available, but you really have to look for it. Most are guys that buy big lots of it then resell some to defray their costs.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back