Try again tonight

Elkhunter

I went out on Saturday looking at some other places for a bear. Late Saturday afternoon when I was heading home I came across some pretty fresh looking tracks. There was one paw print in the mud that was 4" across. On Sunday morning I was back there at first light and watched the drainage it headed into. I then hiked to the top of this tangled mess of deadfall. Well needless to say I did not see a thing. I went back to where the track was and found several more 4" tracks and 3 6" tracks in the mud. I was not able to go there last night but I will try there tonight and see what happens. This was about 1/4 mile from where I camp during elk season. I did see 4 elk in the distance on Sunday which is always pretty cool. On Saturday all I saw was a deer.

Well not a thing. I saw buffalo, a cow elk and two smal bulls. The tracks I saw wer right on the FS road. I saw a big pile of bear crap on the road tonight within a half mile of the tracks. It had to be left either Sunday nigh or last night. We are going to camping near there this weekend so who knows. I will not be able to get back there again till Friday afternoon and night.

You would be better to sit on your back deck sucking marguaritas and waiting for one to come by...LOL..Wait, that happened!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back