Too funny not to share.

Addicting

Saw this in the comments of a video I watched. Made me chuckle....

The best description of the terminal performance of the 210g Accubond came from the Newfoundland meat processor who said, "Geeze, I didn't know they legalized howitzers this year!"

Being a Nolser guy who really likes their stuff, and while I cant tell you about the ABLR in other calibers I can tell you I wont use them in my .30 Nosler. I shot a cow last year and the bullet absolutely blew a "Howlitzer " size whole in her. At 397 yards the exit would was about the size of a football. Yes they shoot light out and was getting about 1/2 group but just now a bullet for that much power. The regular Accubond holds together perfectly, although in that gun I have switched to all copper. I use the regular AB in most of my other guns.

I killed a bull and a couple deer with the 210 LR Accubond in .300 RUM when it came out. Didn't cause a lot of damage as I remember. I didn't like how it acted on the elk at 80 yards though and went directly back to the regular 200 grain. mtmuley

I killed a bull and a couple deer with the 210 LR Accubond in .300 RUM when it came out. Didn't cause a lot of damage as I remember. I didn't like how it acted on the elk at 80 yards though and went directly back to the regular 200 grain. mtmuley
Didn’t like the performance as in it came apart? I briefly considered the 150 LR Accubond in .270 to help the usually poor BC of .277 bullets, but close range impacts worried me. The 140 Accubond in .270 has been outstanding on elk, so I’ve always decided not to mess with it.

Didn’t like the performance as in it came apart? I briefly considered the 150 LR Accubond in .270 to help the usually poor BC of .277 bullets, but close range impacts worried me. The 140 Accubond in .270 has been outstanding on elk, so I’ve always decided not to mess with it.
Yeah. It came apart. Muzzle velocity 3150 fps. Dead bull, but I am not willing to trust the bullet up close. We've used the 140 Accubond in .270 with perfect results. mtmuley

Yeah. It came apart. Muzzle velocity 3150 fps. Dead bull, but I am not willing to trust the bullet up close. We've used the 140 Accubond in .270 with perfect results. mtmuley
Doubt I’d be pushing 2900 with the .270, but I’ve punched elk shoulders with the 140 with perfect results as well. If it ain’t broke...

129 ABLR out of a 260 Rem on 4 animals (2 antelope, 2 deer) has mirrored Mtmuley's experience and like others I have gone back to the original Accubond.

Being a Nolser guy who really likes their stuff, and while I cant tell you about the ABLR in other calibers I can tell you I wont use them in my .30 Nosler. I shot a cow last year and the bullet absolutely blew a "Howlitzer " size whole in her. At 397 yards the exit would was about the size of a football. Yes they shoot light out and was getting about 1/2 group but just now a bullet for that much power. The regular Accubond holds together perfectly, although in that gun I have switched to all copper. I use the regular AB in most of my other guns.
I fail to see the problem lol. That's one dead elk, but yeah, probably lost some meat I imagine

I messed with the LR’s in my 270 and never got a 100y group that i was happy with. The Berger twist rate calculator puts it as marginally stable with 10” twist, probably due to its length (guessing).
I’m headed back to 150 Partitions or 140 regular Accubonds as well.

I've hunted with Ballistic Tips for years with good results.
I've learned to avoid the shoulders if i can with the 165gr out of the '06. Punches right through them, but will leave a hole you can put your fist in, and that was the off side.

I tried the Berger VLD-H the past couple of years with very good results in 7mm & .257.
I found a good deal on the 150gr ABLR in 7mm that i couldn't pass up. Ended up with 5 boxes, so all my 7mm are going to be using them this year.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rimfire45
Back