Yeti GOBOX Collection

Time for a new barrel..what would you go with?

I’ve found even the budget friendly E Arthur Brown tubes out of their accuracy shop are pretty decent.

If you want to go with a 18-20”/suppressor I’d pick a carbon barrel and 22-250 or 22Creed.
If no suppressor I’d choose a #4/5 contour and probably finish it at 24” in 22-250 or 22Creed.
Both barrels I’d run an 8 or 7.5 twist.

What difference does the case make…

If you launch out of any of the platforms, :

The same bullet, at the same velocity, with the same twist?

I happen to be set up to run .260 Remington…

I have yet to see a reasonable reason to get a creedmoor or an AI as I’m running the same bullets with the same velocities.

I already own the cases, dies, rifle. Why double my expenses for essentially the same thing. All done when the .260 Remington came out and the AI and CM didn’t even exist.
You’re not running the same bullets at the same velocities from a 260Rem that you could from a 260AI at equal pressure. Sorry.

I had a Remington 700 built last year. I sourced parts for a year or so and had my gunsmith put it all together for me. I used a Douglas barrel in their magnum sporter profile. It is .700 at the muzzle. It was fluted and threaded by LRI. It shoots 1/2 to 3/4 MOA all day. Great barrel. Awesome service, not to mention I had my barrel in less than 2 weeks!

blacksheep

Attachments

• rifle2.jpg
    rifle2.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 10
I had a Remington 700 built last year. I sourced parts for a year or so and had my gunsmith put it all together for me. I used a Douglas barrel in their magnum sporter profile. It is .700 at the muzzle. It was fluted and threaded by LRI. It shoots 1/2 to 3/4 MOA all day. Great barrel. Awesome service, not to mention I had my barrel in less than 2 weeks!

blacksheep
That is a beautiful looking rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back