Tikka help

nhenry

I’ve been doing a lot of research and have been finding conflicting results for what I’m looking for. The general consensus for the t3x lite is that there’s a speed bump along the barrel channel that prevents total free float, but I can’t find a definitive answer on the t3x hunter. It’s almost like no one buys it, or at least talks about it in as much detail as possible. Is the hunter model free floated?
I ask this because I am going to buy one or the other and just want to know how much work is going to go into the project. If the hunter is free floated from the factory, I’ll just go with that and just glass it. But if it’s not I’ll go with the lite and make a project out of it (bell and carlson stock [I live thirty miles away from the factory], new barrel/chambering, the works).
Would anyone be willing to provide detailed specifics on it?

Not sure about the Hunter, but removing the pressure points in the lite is about a 15 minute job including adjusting the trigger and degreasing all of the screws, applying locktite/nail polish and putting it all back together torquing everything to spec. No biggie.

I have the tx3 in 6.5cm and bought the B&C stock and new bottom metal. Yes it was free floated. I like the embedded metal, had todo just a little sanding/Dremel work but love it. Shoots much gooder now. You will like it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back