Thread and PM's disappeared

Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but I couldn't find a help subforum. A few days ago I posted a thread in the elk hunting section weighing my options for a state destination. I had a bunch of helpful suggestions from the members here. A few members also sent me private messages.

I logged on this morning to respond and noticed that not only was the thread gone, but my private messages had disappeared. I first noticed the messages when I was at work but didn't have a chance to respond so I have no idea who messaged me.

I was just hoping to see if maybe I did something or am not looking at something right, because my inbox says I have more messages than it shows

It's not you. A bunch of stuff looks like it got dumped. Hopefully the technology gods can find it again? Some really good stuff in the threads that disappeared. I'm sure our leader will provide an update when he has some info.

Typical I/T, the customer noticed the issue before they announced the issue... :)

The general concensus was to hunt your unit (I believe you said 85?) and come back and forth to my house for showers and good meals once in a while and to process your elk and get it frozen and ground up at my house and spend a couple days chasing antelope :D I live less than an hour from the unit you said you wanted to hunt. That's the short version of the entire thread :cool: Or to use your point and do first rifle instead of archery, but many of us said to do OTC archery and bank more points while you learn the unit and see if you like it and if you don't then you can try somewhere else on an archery tag and eventually get a rifle tag with your collected points.

Last edited:
I try to remember who I've tried to help out and who's helped me out :D Eventhough I couldn't tell you what I had for dinner last night...lol

My opinion, you and your bro should apply as a group, you for 1st choice-EE085o1R, 2nd choice-EM085o2R, your bro for 1st choice-EE085o1R, 2nd choice-EF085o2R. Definitely check those numbers and odds on your own, but that would be my approach, give 1st season a shot in the draw, but hunt second (or third) season if you all don't draw that. Next season, when he's got a point, you'll probably be good position to draw 1st season, with having a year of hunting the unit under your belt.

My opinion, you and your bro should apply as a group, you for 1st choice-EE085o1R, 2nd choice-EM085o2R, your bro for 1st choice-EE085o1R, 2nd choice-EF085o2R. Definitely check those numbers and odds on your own, but that would be my approach, give 1st season a shot in the draw, but hunt second (or third) season if you all don't draw that. Next season, when he's got a point, you'll probably be good position to draw 1st season, with having a year of hunting the unit under your belt.

Why are you so hung up on a rifle tag for him when according to his first post and his forum name he's an archery hunter? :D Let the man do an archery hunt to learn the unit to see if he even likes it first to see if it's worth burning points :cool: Maybe I'm biased because I'm an archery elk hunter too ;)

Was this the thread where the guy had offered to pay for a budys trip? If it is thats b.s., if a isn't up for paying as little as a diy trip is then go alone or find a new friend. That just shows a real lack of interest on their part. At least they backed out in plenty of time, my last trip I had a buddy back out the day his application was due. I had been asking if he was ok and he kept saying yes, then the night of the last day I got a text. Its like some guys are waiting for Jesus to come down ad hold their hand. Then he had the nerve to make a jab at the size of the buck I got.

Was this the thread where the guy had offered to pay for a budys trip? If it is thats b.s., if a isn't up for paying as little as a diy trip is then go alone or find a new friend. That just shows a real lack of interest on their part. At least they backed out in plenty of time, my last trip I had a buddy back out the day his application was due. I had been asking if he was ok and he kept saying yes, then the night of the last day I got a text. Its like some guys are waiting for Jesus to come down ad hold their hand. Then he had the nerve to make a jab at the size of the buck I got.

Yup

I remember something about JC and midget strippers.

That's right! It was the John Cushman beer drinkin, sausage eatin, midget lovin, Hunt Talk Rendevous. I don't think anything has been formalized yet. Somebody thats good with photoshop needs to get an advertisement put together.

Why are you so hung up on a rifle tag for him when according to his first post and his forum name he's an archery hunter? :D Let the man do an archery hunt to learn the unit to see if he even likes it first to see if it's worth burning points :cool: Maybe I'm biased because I'm an archery elk hunter too ;)

Fair enough, but I still think his first choice should be 1st rifle, then 2nd choice archery. :D

Thanks again guys, I think I'm definitely going to give it a shot with a bow this year. Like I mentioned earlier, my worthless buddy dropped out, my brother is in and he wants to pay his own way. He just wants to shoot a cow so I think the Colorado route is a little more affordable for that, when I want to use the rifle I'll either burn the extra point I'll pick up this year or just shoot up to montana or wyoming.

Could whoever PM'd me about Colorado the first time PM me back please? His name was elk something, which I'm sure doesn't narrow it down all that much

Back