THOR-one size fits all?

Dougfirtree

I know there are some Thor fans on here. I was looking at them online and noticed a "one size fits all" option that doesn't require the test kit. Have any of you used them? How did they compare to bore-sized regular Thors?

After using the sizing kit, I ordered a pack of .501 and the one size fits all. They both loaded with the same amount of resistance/pressure. They both grouped the same out of my CVA Optima. I was using 300 gr bullets with 100gr of blackhorn 209. In other words they both worked the same for me.

A friend shot the one-size-fits-all in his CVA a couple years ago. I convinced him to size his bore and order accordingly; his groups were cut in half.

I truly don't understand why people are so averse to using the Thor sizing pack, then ordering the correct size for their muzzleloader. The sizing pack is literally $4, and the process takes about 2 minutes. Is that really too much effort to make your gun shoot well? In the grand scheme of preparing for a hunt, that is nothing.

I also don't understand why people are so concerned with Thor's not being "widely available". Does the UPS truck not come to these folks houses?

Thor's are the best, everything else available is a compromise for hunting in CO.

Looks like I'll have to try these out. I already did the sizing pack - .502 for my Strikerfire LDR. If they shoot equal to or better than the BOR 350 (lead) bullets, I might have a new favorite.

Back