They better not shut down - ready to enjoy my alternate Combo Tag

ErictheRed

I'm planning on flying out to Helena Friday the 20th for my 10th NR hunt in a row. I'm hunting the Big Belts holding my alternate list NR Combo tag. I hope the rumors are not true and there is no shut down coming. I went from depression with all my trips cancelled including my sheep hunt to elation when pulling this combo tag out of the coffin! Do you all think they are shutting us down?

Last edited:
Rumor has it that Bullock will be having a press conference tomorrow.

It would not surprise me if he implemented new restrictions, but I doubt any of those would be aimed at nonresident hunters.

Good luck hunting

Does @MTLabrador need to overnight me the Brotherhood of the Traveling Plates so I can come through? Asking for a friend.

I've struck out thus far this year. Sweated my ass off in 80+ temps; froze my ass off in sub-zero temps. All in the same weekends! Weeklong hunt planned in MT over Thanksgiving where it's going to get serious, so hoping that doesn't get shitcanned due to COVID. We'll be driving in, so hopefully no issues. My son's friend, and first time hunter, is flying in from CO to tag along, so hopefully doesn't have any issues since I'm looking forward to introducing a new hunter to the miseries we all enjoy. :ROFLMAO: UT Governor just did statewide lockdown and mask mandate. It's getting serious. #BackcountrySocialDistancing.

im very seriously considering leaving early to get out there in case something does happen. not supposed to leave until next week. rancher friend told me they got foot of snow, with lots of drifts and looking at temps next week its gonna be a mess from hell. chaining up the side by side

It’ll be very interesting to see returned license #s this year , now with covid #s rising with the new Delta variant . This (covid) is getting very old ...

It’ll be very interesting to see returned license #s this year , now with covid #s rising with the new Delta variant . This (covid) is getting very old ...
I don’t think Covid is having much, if any, impact on tags. I can’t imagine there are many places better than hunting camp to get away from the news, or Covid.

I don’t think Covid is having much, if any, impact on tags. I can’t imagine there are many places better than hunting camp to get away from the news, or Covid.
Maybe . But there over 1,000s of NR combination tags returned last year,a friend of mine was 1500 something on the deer combo list and got a call second week of November , basically if you were on the list you got a chance to get a license, most years it’s a few hundred per list only. One way or another it had to be because of covid , whether people had $ issues or time or travel restrictions or just a fear of the virus .

I could see licenses being returned due to people returning to the office and having less time and flexibility.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back