PEAX Equipment

The modest Model Seven *FINISHED*

PM me, if the client wants to sell his 7-08 barrel. Or if you have anymore Model Seven barrels lying around.

It's finished!

I keep forgetting I'm supposed to be taking progress photos. Lots to catch up on in P_Ham's shop these days.

I got the barrel channel opened up and bedded the action with a nice free float of the barrel.

Since this will be a coyote/ varmint rifle the client decided he wanted an Arca rail mounted. I milled a section on the forend flat so the rail would sit solid. Drilled it for mounting screws and installed tee nuts in the barrel channel.

20230215_164529.jpg

The metal was finished in KG Gunkote "Texas Tea." It's one of my favorite colors and goes well with just about any color stock.

20230215_195305.jpg20230215_195409.jpg20230215_195320.jpg20230215_195355.jpg20230215_195444.jpg

It wound up at 8lbs dry with no scope. The barrel is heavy for my liking, but it ain't mine.
It should be quite the shooter, hopefully It'll be at the range this weekend.

Stellar. My current model 7 should be shaking in the safe after seeing this beauty. Might have to start saving my nickels to create a clone. 👀

Beautiful rifle and outstanding work. That bedding job looks superb. Do you use the action screws when you bed a rifle or some type of stud?

Beautiful rifle and outstanding work. That bedding job looks superb. Do you use the action screws when you bed a rifle or some type of stud?
Thank you. I use studs to line everything up, then I wrap the action and stock in electric tape sticky side out. Once it's taped in place I pull the studs so there's no chance they will lock in place.

The goal is to have no stress on the action while bedding so you don't want any more pressure than necessary. It's really easy to introduce stress or get the action to not sit right with screws.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shed God
Back