- Dec 13, 2020
Are you a KY resident? The elk herd and elk hunting situation overall is nowhere near what or how KDFWR presents it to be.I am a little late to the discussion but here are my .02$.
*I drew a cow tag for dec 2021, odds about 400-1. I was stoked.
* I spent alot of time on the phone with biologists and other hunters and got some good info.
* I spent alot of $ on gas scouting.
* The video of elk being relocated was filmed where I hunted, but before. I had heard of it and asked the biologist and was assured that they were not relocated but trapped and tested for pregnancy. I was lied to.
* Outfitter I rented a cabin from said he and his cohorts had to file a FOIA request to get the state to admit they moved the elk to an area they were going to charge for the public to view.
* Elk on public are highly pressured by deer hunters, atv riders and poachers.
* If you don't draw the Czar or Middlesboro units don't waste your time unless you go guided. If you go guided, you can do CO for similar money and have more fun.
I have more gripes but this is enough for now.