Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Tennessee first timer

Jonn44

Getting back into hunting after many years of coaching. Hard to hunt when coaching has taken most weekends through the fall. Took my son (8) hunting during the first youth hunt this year and he was successful. The feeling from that hunt will stay with me forever. I was more nervous then him for sure. I couldn’t see the doe from where I was I the blind. Once the rifle was off of safe it was all him. I was worried about a bad shot more than a missed shot. He has had plenty of time behind the scope but it was still nerve racking. As the rifle barked and the deer ran I was able to see a growing spot right behind the front shoulder and new he had made an excellent shot. 7mm08 for the win. The deer went about 40 yards into the woods; I found the blood trail and put my son on it to track the deer. He stayed in the truck during the field dressing I’m thinking at least 10 before I expose him to that. He was around while I skinned and butchered the deer the next day. After all of the that to say that my son and I had great two days in the woods. He was able to be exposed to hunting and have good experience and I was able to realize how much I’ve missed the woods. Road tripped to Moab for some rock crawling and got to thinking about elk hunting. Those thoughts lead me to here. Planning an OTC elk hunt for the 21/22 with a close friend. Already I’ve found numerous resources here and I hope to learn a few things along the way.

Attachments

• ADE0709D-BBEE-4D0E-B398-F3A600B7BD07.jpeg
    ADE0709D-BBEE-4D0E-B398-F3A600B7BD07.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 4
Welcome aboard. As a Tennessean transplant to NM (with numerous intermediate stops), you will love hunting the west.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back