Telstar 4 goes "boink"

dgibson

Oh, dear, the satellite known as "Telstar 4" has unexpectedly ceased operations. For those of you in the real world that means just about zip, but for we lucky souls in the broadcast industry it means loss of several important items. We've lost our primary ABC network feed, ABC News feed, weather data feed, and one syndicator's show feeds. All of that means that our station is currently in sweating-bullets mode.
wink.gif

I TOLD them they needed to put a monkey on board to replace fuses under the dash board in emergencies.
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-19-2003 13:25: Message edited by: dgibson ]</font>

Jeez, Darren does that mean my tv won't get QUEER EYE FOR THE STRAIGHT GUY?? How will the world survive this?? Folks watch to much tv anyhow. Then they try n park there trucks funny.

OK gibs, I must have missed one. So how do you park your truck like that?

BTW is "The Bachelor" safe? I'm just dying to see Bob!

Mojave Number 1... see http://www.huntandlodge.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=18&t=005107 . Mojave number 2, yes, ABC has implemented "disaster recovery" and you genteels will never notice a difference.
wink.gif

Brokfut, this version of T4 was deployed in '95, with a mission life of 12 years, so it should've lasted another 2 years or so. The prior Telstar 401 (cum Telstar 4) also failed early a few years back. Must be a bad neighborhood or something.
biggrin.gif

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back