sw montana sxs?

eoperator

My wife and I are staying near Jackson mt for our annual hunting trip. So my question is, is it worth it to bring sxs with or 4wd truck fine? She has a deer tag and I have elk tag (general rifle opening week) we are in better shape and more determined than average (but not extreme). We are new to the area, I understand weather and location play a large part but if you were hunting that area would you bring sxs or get by with truck? If anyone is willing to pm me what info they can I will make a donation to rmef.

Yes we saw the large fire report, hopefully it rains soon because we are already committed.

I would bring the SxS. A lot of those roads/ trails your truck could get up but itll just be so much faster if your utv. Doing so just allows you maybe another half hour of sleep or half hour more of hiking before first light. Also if you go up an area and find no elk you can move go check out a different road much faster. Overall just allows you to be more efficient. I think you will be fine in regards to fire by the time rifle season rolls around.

Thank you zuba m, 2ski, lukewithalab and Irishman for your time and response. Donation made to rmef on your behalf.
thank you again, mark

Leave your sxs home and go for a walk. Nothing (ok very few things) annoys me more than people in sxs's running elk around when they don't even know they're there.

If you're in a sxs you're not hunting, you're traveling. And there's no need to use it to travel to your elk "spot" because there could literally be elk anywhere around there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back