Sunrise/Sunset

AlaskaHunter

We have prolonged sunrise/sunset periods because we live at a high latitude (64.75 degrees N).
This photo is from our home looking south towards the Alaska Range with about an hour duration.
WinterSunrise_AKRange.png

For big game hunting, there are no legal shooting hours...basically if you can see it by natural light, it is legal shooting time.
This photo was from 3am on the Tanana River.
Tanana.jpg

When I went to Kodiak in 2019 the length of daylight did throw me off. Didn't get dark till 11, but I enjoyed it but I didn't stay long enough to see what the winter hours were like.

I do miss Alaska and would love to visit further north like where you're at. Great pictures as well.

When I went to Kodiak in 2019 the length of daylight did throw me off. Didn't get dark till 11, but I enjoyed it but I didn't stay long enough to see what the winter hours were like.

I do miss Alaska and would love to visit further north like where you're at. Great pictures as well.
I lived in Moscow Idaho and just across the mountain in Lolo Montana.
Because of the time zone, I greatly preferred Lolo as it never go dark in Dec. until after 5pm,
while in Moscow it was getting dark around 4pm.
Plus for early morning May turkey hunting I had to get up at 3am in Moscow due to the time zone.

We just got back from a week of hiking and fishing around Alaska. It was tough to adjust to it being dark at 8pm when we got home.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back