Leupold Banner

Speed Kills

golfer

But must see something in a bullet that holds together. mtmuley
Or currently availability on the market. Seems they have also started using other components they normally never have given current conditions.

mtmuley

Or currently availability on the market. Seems they have also started using other components they normally never have given current conditions.
I know how many bullets Weatherby bought. Not an accident. mtmuley

golfer

I know how many bullets Weatherby bought. Not an accident. mtmuley
Sure it was a lot. But one has to think, could they get their hands on that many Barnes or Nosler bullets like they normally load? Heck they've even started using Hornady brass in their WBY chamberings.

Last edited:

mtmuley

Sure it was a lot. But one has to think, could they get their hands on tha many Barnes or Nosler bullets like they normally load? Heck they've even started using Hornady brass in their WBY chamberings.
Hammers are better, and available.Hammer isn't afraid to push the envelope. Hornady brass sucks. mtmuley

mtmuley

[QUOTE="TN2shot07, post: 3396310, member: 42004" but those hammers should be hell out of a 257
[/QUOTE]
Harley shoots them in .257. mtmuley

antelopedundee

Which should be faster? A hammer Hunter or Absolute Hammer of a given weight and caliber and all other factors including COL being identical.

Nhenry

Heck they've even started using Hornady brass in their WBY chamberings.
Heard somewhere Norma stopped supplying brass to the USA for a while, including making Weatherby stuff. I think Unknown Munitions was who said that as it affected their production as well.

JLS

Which should be faster? A hammer Hunter or Absolute Hammer of a given weight and caliber and all other factors including COL being identical.
An Absolute should be faster. Based on what I’ve looked at on the Hammer data, as you go up in case volume you reach diminishing returns with the Absolute.

Last edited:

golfer

Heard somewhere Norma stopped supplying brass to the USA for a while, including making Weatherby stuff. I think Unknown Munitions was who said that as it affected their production as well.
I think they said this I had called Weatherby an asked if they were going to use Norma in the future? All the response I got was we use the best components we can, which I don’t understand the logic of them using Hornady brass?

Nhenry

I think they said this I had called Weatherby an asked if they were going to use Norma in the future? All the response I got was we use the best components we can, which I don’t understand the logic of them using Hornady brass?
Again, the only reason they weren't able to use the Norma made brass they normally do is because Norma stopped supplying it, at least for a while. I haven't heard much about it for several months. I suppose Nosler would have been the best available, but that would have gotten pricey for Weatherby.

Mthuntr

Norma is moving their facilities (including HQ) to Savannah, GA...that may have something to do with it. I see Norma Shooting website had a bunch of brass in stock...some is gone now but still some stuff there.

antelopedundee

Is it Hornady headstamped?

Yeti

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyGreen1