Somebody sent me a No. 1 **IT'S FINISHED!!**

Unreal work! Keep the posts coming with these projects. They are too cool.

I'm into soulless rifles with function as primary driver regardless of how ugly that makes them. That said, this #1 is one sexy SOB and I total understand the draw to it.

Women in alaskan flip flops isn't a good look? Funny how people's taste differs.

I don't think I'll send any of my guns to be prettied up, I'd be afraid to take em out of the safe.
Just kidding, that is an outstanding piece of art. Love seeing the results of a skilled artist/ craftsman. You can see the passion in his work.

Very nice! I will at some point restock the 404 Jeffery I just built on a standard Mauser 98. I had to get it done in a hurry to take to Africa so I salvaged something semifinished off the net. Turned out well enough but I think that gun deserves better wood. It was factory cut for trigger block safety on side of receiver but I opted for 3-position safety on bolt shroud.
20230718_174300.jpg
Got the barrel on and feeding tweeked just in the nick of time. Had to take it over in the white. Bluing is being done now. It just arrived at his shop this morning. I can hardly wait. He did a great job rebluing my Springfield.

What did you have to pay for the wood? How was that guy to do business with?

Very nice! I will at some point restock the 404 Jeffery I just built on a standard Mauser 98. I had to get it done in a hurry to take to Africa so I salvaged something semifinished off the net. Turned out well enough but I think that gun deserves better wood. It was factory cut for trigger block safety on side of receiver but I opted for 3-position safety on bolt shroud.
View attachment 291292
Got the barrel on and feeding tweeked just in the nick of time. Had to take it over in the white. Bluing is being done now. It just arrived at his shop this morning. I can hardly wait. He did a great job rebluing my Springfield.

What did you have to pay for the wood? How was that guy to do business with?
George at Treebone is very nice to do business with. I'm not sure what he has for Mauser inlets.
He is very fair on his pricing.

It looks like your stock is an old Fajen pattern maybe?

George at Treebone is very nice to do business with. I'm not sure what he has for Mauser inlets.
He is very fair on his pricing.

It looks like your stock is an old Fajen pattern maybe?
Didn't Fajen put their brand butt plate on stocks? Or maybe that was Bishop. I could have removed more wood to make the lines prettier but I was in a hurry and the stock has two knots at the back. Not worth a lot of fuss.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back