Somebody sent me a No. 1 **IT'S FINISHED!!**

p_ham

This Ruger is in for a makeover. New wood and a bit of barrel work. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the green laminate stocks that Ruger sent with it.

20230111_203057.jpg

The replacement wood is from Treebone Carving, located here in Nevada. Super nice guy to deal with and he's a master at what he does.

20230111_205700.jpg

Weight savings so far between the laminate and walnut is just over 11oz. I still have wood to remove and a grip cap to add so we'll see what the final number is.

Wow! WOW!!! I am so jealous! Cartridge? Getting rid of rib? Bedding forearm? Trigger? Please post up final looksee!!

Wow! WOW!!! I am so jealous! Cartridge? Getting rid of rib? Bedding forearm? Trigger? Please post up final looksee!!
7mm Rem Mag, rib is staying, bedded forearm, changing the attachment system to a more accuracy friendly setup, the trigger is already pretty good. I'll be posting progress reports along the way.

Wonder whose that is? mtmuley
A classy fella!

With the new forearm being shorter than the one that is coming off, is the classy fella with impeccable taste going with a barrel band sling swivel?

On a serious note.
I found a Brux 7mm blank that if the guy still has it next month, i may have sent to you, for chambering & receiver threads.

7mm-08AI may be interesting out of a 32" heavy Palma.

I was able to get everything broken down and start fitting the wood. Not shown are the 600 pins and springs.

20230118_204731.jpg

The metal was blackened with candle suit to show contact areas. You have to read the inletting black and not just go willy nilly carving everything that's touching. You're looking for specific areas and patterns for where to remove wood. I'm scraping and carving with a chisel and gouge at this point. Once I get closer I will move to sanding and light scraping to get a near perfect wood to metal fit.

20230118_205104.jpg
20230118_211916.jpg

20230118_212521.jpg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back