Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Snake chap suggestions

Are you looking for top of the line, or a pair of get the job done?

I live and hunt in heavily infested snake woods in Florida. Wading through chest high palmettos, Ti-Ti thickets, and high grass on water edgesare regular occasions. All stuff you just can't see before you step down and lots and lots of snakes.

Have tried many iterations. For day to day use, snake boots are my preference. However, when I know I'm going to be Bush whacking in the aforementioned conditions I run Turtleskins snake chaps. I believe they are the best on the market and you can 100% tell a difference between those and the $50 version from the sporting goods store.

Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Are you looking for top of the line, or a pair of get the job done?

I live and hunt in heavily infested snake woods in Florida. Wading through chest high palmettos, Ti-Ti thickets, and high grass on water edgesare regular occasions. All stuff you just can't see before you step down and lots and lots of snakes.

Have tried many iterations. For day to day use, snake boots are my preference. However, when I know I'm going to be Bush whacking in the aforementioned conditions I run Turtleskins snake chaps. I believe they are the best on the market and you can 100% tell a difference between those and the $50 version from the sporting goods store.

Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.
Thank you. I hunt similar conditions in South Georgia swamp. Turtleskins might be worth the investment. It is good to know there is a noticeable difference in quality.

Have a pair of Dan's snake chaps. Haven't been bitten so no first hand experience on well they work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back