Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Sitka Ascent 14

golfer

I'm looking at getting a new pack, and the Sitka Ascent 14 has caught my eye. I was wondering if any of you have used this pack and what it the top dollar you would pay for one that was bought in the fall of 2011, taken out in the field twice. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks!

Thought I'd try and get your thread back to the top, I was looking at this one as well for a day pack, or possibly a 20. Anyone used either of these?

I used one this year. Was a little small for me, but just barely. I ordered a couple extra compression straps from Sitka and was able to attach my bow to the back for creek crossings, and the really steep stuff. Pockets on the waist belt are too small. But not a bad pack, if you just looking for day pack. Def will not be hauling any weight with it.

small in which way, I currently have a blacks creek bone collector 1.5 and it hasn't given me any problems just looking for something new

I am a huge fan of sitka, but I'll never use another one of their packs again. The packs are so light they are fragile and uncomfortable under weight. The soft stretchy material rips really easily and the shoulder straps are thin and have almost no padding. I just sold my Bivy 45 this fall because it couldn't handle anything and the soft stretchy material on the waist pockets was ripping because I was putting stuff in them...just the pressure of having a small camera in the pocket was ripping the material. The metal buckles bent also and all I did was tighten the straps they were connected to. I'm not making this up, the pack was on the verge of disintegrating on my back. It was falling apart. Again, I'll use their clothing till I die, but you'd be WAY better off with a badlands or small eberlestock for the money.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caveman84
Back